We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sushi Suggestions, Please?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Sushi Suggestions, Please?

Vegas is about trying new things, right?

Well . . . I've never had sushi. I'd like to try it this time, but need some direction/help, please.

My criteria:

1 - I don't think I could stomach raw meat. Does anyone have suggestions for a sushi bar/restaurant that serves vegetarian versions or sushi with cooked meat/s?

2 - I'm not necessarily thinking making a meal of it . . . just a sample/snack.

3 - I don't want to unload a ton of money on something I'm a bit "iffy" about.

Your thoughts?

(I'd like to try saki, too. I'm assuming that anyplace that serves sushi is going to serve saki?)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

Okada-In my opinion the best in Vegas

Sushi Samba in the palazzo might be a good choice for you-interesting mix of sushi along with some peruvian and brazilian dishes

Nobu at the hardrock

Social House-tapas and sushi

All of these will also have a great sake selection(hot or cold)

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

Start with hot sake . . . .though it's usually low quality . . . it's a good way to get started. Enjoy the buzz . . . nothing beats getting hopped up on hot sake.

'Cooked' sushi to try:

Eel (unagi)

Tofu

Shrimp

Egg

Crab

Lobster

If you want to try dipping your toe into the raw end of the pool, try Tuna Tataki . . . seared tuna . . . delishioso.

North carolina
Level Contributor
895 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

you know, a good place might be Shibuya at the MGM since you want both sushi and sake. Their sake menu is stupidly huge and just tell your server that you've never tried it, and they will usually give you a bunch of free samples. Their sushi is top quality (not the best, but near it in my opinion).

You could probably get away with a decently (well decently strip priced) good sampler meal without too much of a hit to the ol' wallet.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

I've been easing into sushi (sashimi) with marinated fish. Not ceviche - more Asian preparations. Not quite raw, not quite cooked, I find it very palatable and setting the stage for the big step!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

I have only been to a few sushi places in Vegas, and my favorite thus far is Sushi Roku (Ceasars). And I do have two suggestions for good sushi rolls 1) eel avocado, and 2) the spider roll (soft shell crab).

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

I second Shibuya - excellent cooked and raw rolls/dishes and they have great service. Anyway, enough sake and you will be open to try anything!

7. Re: Sushi Suggestions, Please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:18