We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay?!?!

tashalicious
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Where should I stay?!?!

I'm heading to Vegas for the 1st time for my 30th birthday (eek!!) so am looking for somewhere fun to stay but not a massive party hotel...I do like my down time, pretty surroundings, not too hectic if you know what I mean.

Am bringing my partner along and he likes to gamble but not seriously.

We are just looking for a good time, exploration, fun & a bit of relaxation without a massive pricetag (think Wynn) and not too many kids!

What would your suggestions be?

Am currently considering TI or maybe the GO rooms at Flamingo??? (hate Planet Hollywood though, the costumes freak me out!! haha)

All thoughts greatly appreciated!

Tash

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

Darn, I was gonna say PH, but since you dont like it, I would pick Ti out of the two. Better party vibe, IMO, and not too big. I was just at the Mirage last nite, which is nxt door to TI. That is a good choice too:) Happy early 30th, BTW. Im almost there myself:)

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

You don't say when your trip will be, but my first instinct is to suggest you look at Mirage.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

Yep, Mirage, TI or Flamingo (in that order IMO) are all good choices for you. Great locations, varying degrees of good atmosphere.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

I also vote TI out of the two you suggest. I also think the Mirage would be a good choice.

Ohio
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

i have to say that I think the Flamingo on the whole is a little run down. I have stayed in a Go room with a view and still would not stay again. I have always liked TI, their beds are comfortable and the pool is nice enough.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

TI is geared toward 30 somethings, but you don't wanna party, so I, too, say Mirage for a good quality well priced hotel.

7. Re: Where should I stay?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 17:20