We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

To anyone that's been to Vegas recently: Was it warm enough to wear sandals (without socks...lol) in the daytime and at night?

To anyone that has gone to Vegas and made it home without blisters, what kind of shoes did you wear?

I want to take as few pair of shoes as possible and I don't want to wear tennis shoes.

Has anyone found a really great comfortable shoe that looks good AND got you through your Vegas vacation without foot problems? Or am I asking for the impossible?

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

I swear by my Adidas flip flops with the squishy gel. The are supremely comfortable, don't give blisters, and you can walk forever in them. They even worked out well on my last trip when I sprained my ankle two weeks before departure! I don't know the temps in Vegas right now, but it must be warm enough to wear them during the day.

I wore flat dress shoes at night and they hurt my feet. I also had slide on Sketchers sneakers that worked pretty well.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

I pack a few pairs, I always have a good pair of sneakers (for sneaking o course!), comfortable shoes for running around of the strip is important. Then I also pack a pair of flip flops for the pools and hotel room. Along with my light up heels and a dressy option, am usually all set!

The best shoe that I have ever found was a pair of Cole Haan's with the Nike tread. I think I got them at Nordstrom or Dillards. They looked like dress shoes but wore like sneakers!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

I absolutely loved these Sketcher sandals last summer. Wore them walking all over during the day and never had a problem. They have real pretty rhinestones that add some bling - offering the comfort of a sneaker with flex fabric on top - feels like you are walking on marshmallows!

skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/…black

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

For daytime 'Rieker'-antistress. The absolute best shoes I have ever owned. Can be worn with or without socks. No need for tennis shoes (sneakers/trainers). Available @ The Walking Company. For evening, a pair of black ballet-like flats made by Clarks, also very comfortable, but not of the same caliber as the Riekers. Good luck.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

I had a pair of Addidas slip ons with an elasticated strap over the top of the foot (I think Skechers do something similar).

In the evening I wore my stilettos with a platform sole with jeans and dresses but always took my foldaway ballet pumps in my handbag to change into for the stroll home.

nj
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

i know exactly what you mean...i am always in search for the perfect comfortable shoe myself! just ordered two pair online and the pair that arrived has to go back...whaaaa. i'm pinning my hopes on the next one to arrive.

u2tuf

love those rhinestone sketchers! jeez, if i had enough time i'd order those, but i don't since we leave on sunday.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

Bham - I love, love my Keen sandals. I will probably wear them for my trip, comfy and good for running through airports if the need arises. Great walking down the strip shoes too.

Alabama
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

I've never been to Vegas. My first visit is coming up next week. I usually pack my Merrell's (sandals, slides) for any sightseeing trips that involve walking. I can't have fun if my feet are killing me!

I have ordered a pair of sandals from Finn Comfort that I hope will fit. Never tried them before but they come highly recommended. I can't wait til the 23rd!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

Well I'm not a lady but I thought some of you may be amused by the fact that one of the reasons my wife likes us driving to Vegas is because it gives her the scope to take a virtually unlimited choice of shoes with her.

This is usually 8-10 pairs. Of these a maximum of three will probably actually actually get worn once she's in LV...... :-)

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies Only: What kind of shoes will you be packing?

Clarks Privos!!!! My fav style right now is Tequini I have them in 3 colors! They are absolutely the most comfy shoes I have ever worn.