We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis and ATV tour???

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis and ATV tour???

Hi

This is 2 questions in one post.

1. Will be staying at the Encore have read some people have had problems getting taxis from here, would we be better walking through to Wynn and getting taxis from here?? What about on return journeys?

2. Has anyone been on the ATV/Grand Canyon tour offered by Bar 10 Ranch think it is also offered by an other company to same place think they could be agents. Was it worth while, value for moneyetc any comment good or bad would be welcome.

Thanks for any help, peoples comments are always most welcome and from the various forums i've used on tripadvisor in the past have helped to make each vacation very special with all the hints and tips that have been posted.

Thanks again wrexhamfc

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis and ATV tour???

I will offer half an answer to one of your questions. An ATV tour of the GC will take place at what is called the West Rim. The West Rim is scenic and you will probably have a good time. But it is not the way to see the GC. The South Rim is far superior. The beauty and grandeur far exceeds what you will see at the West Rim. If your goal is to ride an ATV, then go for it. But if your goal is to see the GC then you need to visit the National Park which is at the South Rim. The best way to do that is rent a car, make the 5 hour trip each way, and spend the night. There are one day bus and plane tours that will bring you to the South Rim, but they are expensive and leave you little time at the Canyon. Unfortunately many people are sold packages to the West Rim as they are cheaper than trips to the South Rim and they can offer attractive things like champagne lunches and ATV rides. But the West Rim will not give you a true experience of the GC.

Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis and ATV tour???

Thanks for the quick reply after our 3 nights we start a touring vacation which includes the south rim staying in Tusayan? for the night. The friends we are travelling with fancy flying over canyon well a little of it and ATV tour appeals to us all. Just wondered if anyone had been their got the T shirt etc.

Thanks again

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis and ATV tour???

The accommodations in Tusayan are fine. I have used The Grand Hotel and the Quality Inn. But if you can get a room inside the park it would be so much better. They often sell out months ahead of time, but they often have last minute cancellations. Keep checking back and you might luck out and get a room right on the South Rim.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis and ATV tour???

Actually, I think the Bar 10 Ranch is the north rim. I almost booked for this tour last year:

lasvegasgrandcanyontour.com/air/grand-canyon…

When I asked about it on this forum, someone posted that they went and had a great time. That person said it was worth the money. I will try to find the post and link it here.

5. Re: Taxis and ATV tour???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 04:20