We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Pools

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Downtown Pools

Have been to the GN pool a few times and had many a session at the Dive bar into the early hours of the morning.

However, are there any other Downtown pools and which would you recommend?

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Pools

None to recommend

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Pools

The other 4 are concrete rectangles. Plaza's is a big rectangle, Binion's is cool because it's on the roof of a tall tower with great views. The pools at Fitzgeralds and the Cal - well, they'll get you wet, but don't have much else going for them.

toofarfromvegas
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Pools

How did you get that name to go through? I tried that name a loooong time ago and it would not be accepted! I am jealous!

I'll be checking out the Binion's pool in April, Fitz's is nothing special, just a pool, not GN.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Pools

The Plaza pool was ok. It is just a rectangular pool, but there were lounge chairs, a bar, and cabanas.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
336 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Pools

"None to recommend" Ick. That's all that comes to mind when you reply to something. Ick.

www.cheapovegas.com

They seem to offer some 'real world' reviews of the various pools. I have no experience with the pools downtown, but would recommend one to you (as you asked for recommendations, not opinions) if I did have some experience.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Pools

A names a name and it is on my Birth certificate, so got thro' first time ;-)

Thanks once again for all the responses.

I think I will give Binions a shot when over at the start of May. Will just need to remember after a few drinks that I am on the top of the roof!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Pools

The Dive Bar is no more now it's called H20.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Pools

That Binions Pool is about as depressing a pool as I've ever seen- here's a link to a photo

vegas.com/resorts/…binionshorseshoepool.html

While you are at that site, you can admire the Golden Nugget pool, which they have listed under The Tank on their alphabetical list

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Pools

And while you're at that site, check out the Plaza Pool, with cabanas that rent for $15 a day!! Look like nice cabanas too! Half day is only ten bucks~!

sheila

Glasgow
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Pools

It's such a shame that the Dive Bar is no more and replaced by H20, hopefully that is not all they serve or they wont be geting much business from me!!

mmmmm Binions will probably look better after a few drinks, even if its just to check out the views for a while.

Will probably take a stroll past the Plaza as well even if just to top up the liquids. Purely medicinal, you understand.

GN looks like it is still the best Downtown and so I will definitely spend an afternoon there.

Thanks once again for all the feedback.