We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bodies exhibit

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Topic
bodies exhibit

Does any one know if there are any deals on tickets to this exhibit? Also is it even worth seeing? thanks for the input..

NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bodies exhibit

I'm not sure if there are any deals on the tickets but I've seen the exhibit. I saw it when it was still over at the Trop. I thought it was very interesting, but I happen to love science. The exhibit is very controversial but I went anyway and I'm glad I did.

Level Contributor
1,860 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bodies exhibit

Check at one of the Tix4Tonight booths. When we saw the Bodies Exhibit it was at the Tropicana and the ticket counter person gave us a 'student' discount.

For Titanic we were able to get tickets thru Tix4Tonight.

As the other post mentions, it could be controversial. I too am into medical 'stuff' so we found it interesting.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bodies exhibit

I never had the nerve (or stomache) to see that exhbit on my vacation. I did see the Titanic exhibit (twice) when it was at the Trop and I thought that one was very interesting and well worth it. Both had tickets available at tix4tonight booths but that was when they were at the Trop.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bodies exhibit

Make that "stomach"- edit button, please!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bodies exhibit

I saw the exhibit at Trop also. I thought it was very well done and imparted a sense of awe.

I have the greatest respect for those who gave their bodies so that we might learn and for those who prepared the exhibit. Everyone who saw the displays while we were there seemed to experience the same sense of wonder. But then again I was with a group of medical people.

I have noticed the tickets at the half price booth at a discount but not half price.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bodies exhibit

We saw "Bodies" last April. It was a very interesting exhibit.

Picked up tickets at the the Tix4Tonight book . . . but don't remember the discounted amount. One other way to save a few bucks, rent only one audio wand and share it.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bodies exhibit

I would do your research on this exhibit, I think (but am not 100% sure) that this one uses Chinese Political Prisoners, so it may not be worth supporting due to this.

There are 2 versions of this type of exhibit, one with donated bodies and one with people who are killed for the purpose.

Just my two cents.

I saw the Body Worlds Exhibit in Edmonton, it was a great experience, kind of scary as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,959 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bodies exhibit

Wheels is half right.

The exhibit is made up of Chinese Citizens. But they were not necessarily political prisoners, and there no indication that they were killed for the purpose.

The controversy is that the bodies were not donated. But rather were deceased who, for whatever reason (incarceration, no descendants) became property of the government. The government then sold them to the production company that makes the displays.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bodies exhibit

We just went to the exhibit a few weeks ago at Luxor. We got tickets at Tix4tonight, I think they were about $25 per person. It was a great exhibit, not as gross as I thought it would be. They actually do have donor cards you can fill out if you would like to donate your body to the exhibit (hopefully not for a long time though!!) lol..

10. Re: bodies exhibit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 17:21