We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for souviners?

New York
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place for souviners?

I know this probably sounds silly-but we're going for the first time-I know all the hotels have gift shops, but are there places that have the usual stuff-t-shirts etc., that are a little less expensive than the hotels? I know in Florida, they have some stores where they sell Disney stuff a lot cheaper than buying it at Disney-have to bring home some stuff for the kids! thanks~

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for souviners?

www.worldslargestgiftshop.com/cgi-bin/shop

Not the classiest store in town by a long way, but I think this may be just what you're looking for.... :-)

New York
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for souviners?

Perfect!! Just what I was looking for-cheap and tacky!! Thanks--

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for souviners?

cheap and tacky

Oh, then you will love Bonanaza! If it is not cheap and/or tacky- you won't find it there!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for souviners?

BONANZA is the BOMB! It's absolutely HUGE! If they don't have it there, good luck finding it. On a smaller level, but just as fun are the ABC Stores around town. I always go to the one on Fremont Street Downtown. (under the canopy). Happy Shopping!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for souviners?

I was there last saturday night and was a bit disappointed. Shelves were half empty, and alot of the real cool shirts they use to carry they don't now. Still a must stop, but I have seen it in better shape on other visits. Also check out downtown as they have some pretty good gift shops on Freemont.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
553 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for souviners?

I love that store!!So many odd souvenirs that you can't find anywhere else.I bought a toy plastic gun that uses a potato as bullets.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for souviners?

There is also a place on Fremont Street, to the left of Fitzgeralds, that has a lot of stuff. (left if your facing the Fitz)

And if you forget someone, there's plenty of cheap and tacky stuff at the airport, too. Not that expensive, either.

UK
Level Contributor
441 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for souviners?

I love, love, love tacky gift shops. Everywhere we go we bring home the most horrific tacky ashtray we can find. We have quite a collection of awfulness.

JerseyShoreGal- We used to get those potato guns when we were kids. Spud guns or spud poppers or something we called them. I assume we are talking about the same kind of thing ere you gauge out a bit with the gun barrel rather than fire a whole potato :)

New York
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place for souviners?

That place sounds perfect! I just didn't want to spend a fortune on t-shirts and stuff-I know this is a stretch--but my son is a huge Simpsons fan, any chance of them incorporating Homer Simpson onto a las vegas t-shirt (told you it was bit of a stretch, LOL!) Thanks Guys--

United States
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place for souviners?

After all the discussion here about The World's Largest Gift Shop/Bonanza I finally visited the place last summer or the summer before. It was just a collection of junk. Really crummy merchandise. A complete waste of time and I paid for a taxi from The Flamingo both ways to get there and back.