We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about ticket prices and tax from Aussie traveller

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Question about ticket prices and tax from Aussie traveller

Hi I am just wondering when booking a show through ticketmaster and using travelzoo codes does the ticket price as described on travelzoo include tax?

So far on exploring the ticketmaster website, I noticed there is an additional "convenience charge". I wasn't sure if there was also going to be additional taxes as well when we get to the credit card details therefore bumping up the price considerably.

We are from Australia and not savvy with how this works. We're having a trip meeting with our travelling buddies tomorrow to work out prices.

Thanks for any replies.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about ticket prices and tax from Aussie traveller

Jane, I bought tickets to a show using a TravelZoo promo code just a few days ago.

After I went on-line with TravelZoo, I had to call the box office and make my reservations, giving the TravelZoo promo code to the ticket agent.

I don't understand how my final price was calculated. I thought that the final price was supposed to be the price advertised by Travel Zoo, plus a service charge ($6.00) plus the Live Entertainment Tax ($9.60). The advertised promotional price was $49.50; I paid $105.60 for two seats, which works out to be my promo price plus $6.60 in tax and/or service charge. Since I thought the price was going to be about $10 more, I didn't ask any questions!!

Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about ticket prices and tax from Aussie traveller

Yeh I'd keep with that strategy! I just read in fine print on the ticketmaster site that tax is included in the price.

3. Re: Question about ticket prices and tax from Aussie traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 05:26