We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel Pools

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel Pools

I would like to know the best hotel pools in LV, maybe a top 3 or so. Criteria would include: how crowded, size of the are, number of pools, variety, creativity (from my research Mandalay Bay would be creative), if there are kids running around that would be bad for this vacation, etc. Thank you.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel Pools

This may help:

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/coolpools.cfm

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel Pools

Great place to get descriptions on all the pools

www.cheapovegas.com

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel Pools

The old best pool in LV question. Your going to find children at most pools. some less then others.

In no order

Mandalay

Bellagio

Mirage

MGM

Caesars

Wynn

destination360.com/north-america/us/nevada/l…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel Pools

Unfortunately, while Mandalay Bay has one of the nicest, most diverse pool areas it is also one of the most overrun with kids, for that reason. I also found the whole pool area very crowded, and not what I would call relaxing.

Many people recommend MGM; the pool areas is spread out, with a variety of pools plus a lazy river. I've been there in spring but not summer so I can't report on how crowded it gets.

Mirage has a beautifully landscaped pool area, very tropical in design.

Wynn/Encore and Bellagio are what I call the more "formal" pools; no theme, no overly tropical design, but beautiful in a classic way. I personally like Bellagio, but the others are certainly no slouch!

My frame of reference; I like a quiet, relaxing, but interestingly designed and laid out pool area. Bigger is usually better. I like to feel I have a choice of where to sit, sun and/or shade, not have to cram in next to strangers all the time. When I'm vacationing without my kids (Vegas, for example) I prefer not to have lots of kids running/yelling/splashing by the pool (see comments on quiet and relaxing above!).

Bellagio delivers this for me. I'm sure Wynn and Encore would as well.

That's all I can comment on personally.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,641 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel Pools

1. Mandalay Bay. Nothing compares, it has something for everyone. Crowded? Yes but there is also a lot of places to put people. Sunday-Thursday during Spring and Fall this is as good as it gets IMO.

2. Wynn. Good size pool area. Has an adult section for those who like a little more activity and noise. And plenty of room for the rest of us. The main attraction here is that there are always very few kids here, as they are actively discouraged.

3. Mirage. Very nice setting, and my wife really likes the waterfall. Downside, it is always crowded. The pool area really isn't big enough for the number of rooms.

If you go to any decent pool during the summer there will be kids. With the exception of Wynn, the better the pool the more kids you will find.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel Pools

I appreciate all of the information everyone, VERY helpful. It seems Bellagio might be the best choice with the number of pools and lack of children. My only hesitation is I am little concerned Bellagio might be to stuffy. I have plenty of money to spend but I like to feel relaxed and have a good time.

Boston
Level Contributor
910 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel Pools

I can only comment on 3:

Bellagio

Caesars

Wynn

In that order.

Boston
Level Contributor
910 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel Pools

We have never encountered any stuffy people at the Bellagio.

Wynn - yes. But, not at Bellagio.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotel Pools

I suggest MGM. Their pool complex is one of the most elaborate and one of the easiest to get a chair. If you tire of the kiddies running around there is one pool that is adults only, or you can pay the cover for Wet Republic which is a good sized adult pool club area with salt water pools.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotel Pools

I am little concerned Bellagio might be to stuffy. I have plenty of money to spend but I like to feel relaxed and have a good time

Believe me the B is not stuffy at all, with lower rates this once class hotel who's rates have been cut in half are now open to many more who can now afford to stay here giving it a much different cliental then when they first opened.