We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washer/dryers

London
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Washer/dryers

Funny question I know!

My friend and I are thinking or spending 2 weeks in Vegas Aug/sept time. Quite a long time but the hotels have great rates and the sun will be shining! So, sun by day and plenty of things to do in the evening.We may even split the week and stay in 2 hotels.

I think the signature at MGM have washers/dryers in the rooms, other than the Grand Vacations, is there anywhere else? It's just nice to through a few bits in every day or 2 so not to come home to loads of washing and means we can pack less and therefore buy more there! Don't really want to sit in a launderette either!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Washer/dryers

not silly at all - asked here every so often.

2 weeks isn't so long you'd need to do a lor of laundry - if you do and you find a great rate on a room, you can pay the hotel rates for laundry (high) or go to a local laundry faciltiy - or do what many do and use the sink in your room. Accommodations with a w/d will be more expensive - is it worth it to you for a comparably short trip where you will have just a few pieces of clothing that need laundering?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washer/dryers

Usually strip hotels don’t have room washer & dryers, kitchens, personal coffee pots or balconies - if you are in Vegas for 2 weeks perhaps look into a timeshare.

Most units come with a washer & dryer, full kitchen, room balconies and the luxury of hotel housekeeping.

They may not be on the strip but do provide a FREE shuttle to & from the strip area.

London
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washer/dryers

Thanks for your help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Washer/dryers

Many on this forum recommend the Desert Rose. I think it would work out quite well for you and your friend and they do have laundry facilities on the premesis.

www.shellhospitality.com/hotels/desert_rose/

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Washer/dryers

I wouldn't pay extra for in-room laundry facilities or stay off strip for that either. When the weather is really hot and sunny, you don't want extra travel in a car, bus, taxi.

Best bet is to pack clothing you can hand launder in the bathroom sink that will dry overnight (rolling in a towel to remove excess water). Bring your own laundry detergent. Pack a plastic hanger with skirt clips for hanging over the tub or in the shower (most hotel hangers will not work for this).

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Washer/dryers

Desert Rose is very nice and only a block from the strip so no need for a car if they don't want to rent one. They also have kitchens in their condo's and if I were somewhere for 2 wks time, that would be something I'd really like to have. A hotel room can get old after 2 wks time.

Lawrence, Kansas
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Washer/dryers

Some Palms Place units have W/D since they are condo units as well.

I think it just depends on value...if you're staying two weeks, just choose the hotel you want and then budget for them to do your laundry. I mean, it could cost $100, but over 2 weeks that's only $7 a night... not necessarily a reason to pick an inferior hotel.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Washer/dryers

There are laundries in Vegas that offer wash and fold. You leave your clothes off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. There is usually a minimum- 10 pounds.

Some of the laundries even have pick up and delivery service. Again- usually a 10 pound minimum -$2 per pound and $10/15 delivery charge. When you get to Vegas- look in the phone book.

I would not use the hotel laundry. That is going to cost you an arm and a leg. Pick up service would be cheaper.

I would not pick a hotel based on a washer/dryer being available. If this is your first time in Vegas- you definitely want to stay on the strip- central strip, if possible.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Washer/dryers

Platinum Hotel and Spa has washer/dryers in their Princess suites.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Washer/dryers

Personally, I would prefer to stay in a condo (timeshare-type) unit if going for 2 weeks. Spending that much time in a hotel room would drive me bonkers. And in a condo you can grab take out food to eat back in the unit, order in or even make your own toast/tea in the morning. Many advantages, including in-room washer/dryer. The Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo is very central and you can use the Flamingo pool amenities (beautiful). The monorail is right behind it. The Hilton Grand Vacations on the Las Vegas Strip is at the far north end (across from Sahara) but is also a lovely property. We will be staying here again in Feb/2010. The first time we stayed in a timeshare (Grandview) we purchased the week from eBay. I was a little hesitant but everything turned out fine and it was $600 US for the week split 4 ways.

Mentioned in this post
The Grandview at Las Vegas
The Grandview at Las...
2,650 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV