I'm coming into Vegas with my wife this June for 4 days. We are arriving around noon on a Friday and leaving Tuesday afternoon/evening. We've both been there before (myself too many times to count), but are still confused on what to do while we're there. We're trying to plan our days so we have alot to do so we're not just sitting at tables all day long. Also, we are staying at the Imperial Palace to give you idea of location we'll be for surrounding area. So here are a few of the questions we were wondering if anyone knew about or could help us out with:
1) The number one thing she wants to do is take a tour to the Grand Canyon. I know renting a car and driving there is the best option, but she is against that, so what is the best tour group out there? We're looking at LOOKTours right now, anyone been on one of their tours?
2) She's always wanted to goto a buffet in Vegas since she's heard the wonderful things about them. What is the best ones out there for a cheaper/decent price (would prefer under $25 a person)? Any with coupons, 2-for-1s or any of that out there also (that are worth going to)? Also, do any of them have all-you-can-eat crab legs at any of them (would be willing to spend the extra money if they did and was good)?
3) We want to visit a good spa to get a massage while out there as well. Any suggestions on the best location to go (on strip or at Rio/Palms only since we're not traveling much out of that area)? Any deals going on at any of the places anyone know of?
4) I would like to try to goto a few nicer shows while we're out there and was told to go through Tix-4-Tonight to get good deals on tickets, but was unsure of what shows/discounts were available normally (since site only shows 4-6 shows a day sampled). Are any of these shows listed normally and what are their discounts: KA, Phantom Of The Opera, Rita Rudner, Terry Fator, Zumanity, or Le Reve? Any other shows that might be of interest as well? Anything but Blue Man Group (seen 3 times) and Love (not big beatles fans)
5) Being mid-strip, where are the best places around there for a cheaper, but good, lunch? Would prefer something other than a quick Burger joint (ie McDonalds, etc) or a Denny's/TGIF/whatever.
6) We're planning on seeing Mac King on Saturday (have the 2 free tickets w/drink purchase thing), but was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade them to the VIP line & VIP seating? It's only $5 more a person, but wasn't sure if it made the seats that much better or wasn't really worth it.
7) We would like to try out one of the Ultra Lounges/Nightclubs while we're out there as well and would mostlikely try either Friday or Saturday night. What is the best one that we'd have a chance getting into without a 2-3 hour wait and that would enjoyable? Neither of us are super dancers, going more for the experience and to check them out since it's something we always said we wanted to try.
8) We heard about the $6.95(?) steak dinner at Ellis Island and wanted to know if it was any good or not? Would be interested in checking it out (since we have 2-for-1 entree there as well), but weren't sure if it was worth the trek off the strip there (short as it might be).
9) We've heard about different places on the Strip that offer cheap drink specials and everything and was wondering where they were and which were the best (ie $1 beers/margaritas/etc).
10) What are some of the best free type attractions/shows on the strip (can be even shows like Mac King that has free ticket coupons out there)?
11) In reguards to the last question, is Gerry McCambridge worth the trek down to Hooters for a free show (after coupon w/ drink purchases)? Read some ok reviews, but still wondering.
12) It's been a while since I've been down by the Sahara, but last time they had that Test Track thing where you could test drive Hummers, Corvettes, etc on their tracks. Is that still open? Can't find anything on their website or anywhere else on it. Wanted to try it last time I was out there, but never made it down there.
Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Been trying to do as much research as possible online to try to plan everything out, but half the stuff I get is from last year or later than that information wise. Thanks in advance for the help!!!