We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Spotting

aberdeen
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Star Spotting

What celebrities have u seen in Vegas?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Spotting

If you think you will see a lot of celebrities in Vegas, you won't. They don't mingle with the crowds. They are there on weekends usually, go to the top clubs, ones that most people wait in line forever to get into. Best way to see one is to go see a show where one is performing.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Spotting

You should do a search on the forum, there is a huge thread from the last month that has a lot of sightings.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,431 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Spotting

I disagree Gabby.

I see celebs all of the time. I dont know that Ive been to the Hard Rock on a Fri or Sat night and not seen one. I also see them alot at UNLV basketball games and alot of the celebs/athletes that have homes in The Green Valley area I used to run into in bars/restaurants/grocery stores etc. McCarran is another place you will see some.

United States
Level Contributor
22,128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Spotting

I saw Tony Dorsett at ESPN Zone at NYNY a few years ago. He autographed a football for me. Still have it displayed in my sports rooms at home. He signed it Tony Dorsett HOF (Hall of Fame)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star Spotting

GoodBeer, most tourists hardly ever leave the strip, so wouldn't see the celebs in the shops, restaurants etc that are away from the strip and most don't go to UNLV games. If they do come to the strip area, then it is to the more upmarket places other than a few that might show up at HR.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Star Spotting

Of course some stars may not even be recognizable when they're out among us commoners. Without their entourage they might very well just look like you and I.

United States
Level Contributor
22,128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Star Spotting

I also saw James Brown a few years ago outside of the 4 Queens. He was filming a movie/commercial (not sure which). A big crowd had gathered to watch the filming.

Radford, VA
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Star Spotting

I ran into Jerry Springer...literally! We collided in front of Planet Hollywood. Also saw David Hasselhoff in NYNY...

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Star Spotting

It'll sound weird, but I saw Loretta Divine at Mermaid's downtown once. Accidentally called her Alfre Woodard. Sorry Loretta! Loved u in waiting to exhale!

But here's the good one. . . saw Michael Jackson at the Hilton shopping in the star trek shops. He had a giant circle of people with linked arms surrounding him like a bubble. It was a trip.

Seattle
Level Contributor
247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Star Spotting

We haven't seen any, but I heard on the radio today that there is an anniversary party for Mariah Carey and her husband at the Palms on Thurs April 30th at 11pm (if anyone cares!)