We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

I am considering going to the Hilton Vacation Resort at the Hilton in Las Vegas, but I need to go on a timeshare presentation in order to get the good package/ stay. Does anyone have any idea how much these timeshares go for and the maintenance fee?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

Don't know what they go for, but I can tell you it's a nice place, my wife and I spent a week there for our honeymoon, my inlaws have an RCI Membership, so they gave it to us to use.

We had a 3bdrm Suite, Jacuzzi, full kitchen. The Pool is Small, but was never busy, I think there was two hot tubs at the pool as well. There is a pool bar and a small store for essentials and snacks.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

Hi,

I don't know what the price of the condos are or maintenance fees either (depends probably on size of unit) but keep in mind that you will have to pay annual RCI fees as well if you do buy a timeshare with RCI. It's a decision you really have to make sure is right for you and your situation. If you are going to Vegas every year and want a home away from home it may be worth it. But hotel prices are very low right now. I don't thinks it's fair that they want you to make that decision before you leave the presentation. These days I think much better deals are to be had if one buys from timeshare owners trying to unload their own units.

If I were you I would attend the presentation and, even if I thought it was a fabulous deal, at the end decline the offer(s). Believe me, they say this is a one-time deal and we can't honor it if you walk out that door. Not true. There will always be deals on timeshares and you will have had ample time to sit down and really crunch the numbers for yourself. We bought a timeshare in Canmore Alberta. Paid $18,000 for studio unit to use 1 week every 2 years. Maintenance fee approx. $250/year and RCI membership approx. $120 (Cdn).

Anybody wanna buy a FABULOUS timeshare in the BEAUTIFUL Rocky Mountains?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

My brother got an RCI 1bdrm in Canmore for $8000, 3 years ago. 2 weeks per year.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

Hi,

See what I mean People? Actually, I think I paid $9,000 but it seemed like $18,000.

I saw a 1-bdrm unit at the Grandview listed for sale by owner for $24,000.

The HGV on the Strip (not to be confused with the HGV at the Flamingo) is a very nice property.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

There are 3 Hilton Grand's in Vegas, and several other RCI Properties, on the strip, way way way south on the strip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

My wife and I became HGVC owners at the Strip location. The Hilton isn't exactly a traditional timeshare: you do purchase at a particular property but what you're really buying are "point" that you can use at any of the HGVC properties (42 or so), at properties in the RCI listings (6,000+) or you can convert your club points to Hilton "Honors" points and use them at any of the Hilton Family Hotels.

The prices are pretty high, IIRC their typical 7,000 points package runs around $35,000 at the Strip location (price from early 2009). We bought in for significantly less than that, but we also got fewer points. Maintenance fees in Vegas are probably $500 to $1000 and up, depending on what you purchased. These properties are considered "5 star" and have high real estate values and will have higher fees than properties in, say, Orlando.

JFYI, purchase prices are MUCH lower on the used market and we've got a "tinge" of regret for buying new and not from the resale market, but it's a done deal for us now so no use in crying about it. Check out the www.tug2.net message boards and search around a bit before you commit to purchasing a new timeshare (even before you attend a presentation).

If you're interested taking them up at their package I would recommend that you sign up to stay where you think you may purchase. IOW, if you like the Hilton location stay there; the Strip location is probably the "nicest" property but still pretty far from the action) and the Flamingo location is right at the 50 yard line of the strip. You can get the stay package at any of these locations.

The Presentation itself was a typical exercise in totally transparent sales techniques. There was no hardsell (with our salesman, anyway) and he told us several times that we could cut it short if we weren't interested. And for the most part, we weren't interested until the prices were presented and we thought about how much we could use these points, and for us it made sense. Shoot me a PM if you would like contact information or any other info from a consumers perspective on the HGVC.

We're headed to Vegas in July and are staying at the Flamingo location because it's closer to Paris where I'm attending a conference and we'll have use of the Flamingo Pool. I've read that they recently renovated this property so we're looking forward to staying there and comparing it to our ownership at the Strip location.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

We purchased a two bedroom at Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Las Vegas Hilton for about 10 years.

Maintenance fees are about $700.

The PP is correct that it's really points that you buy but you do get a title to the property in LV. So you own at a specifc property but you can use your points to stay anywhere in the Hilton Grand Vacation Club's system.

The last presentation we attended was last year and the quoted $23,000 for a one bedroom. The yearly fees to maintain the property were about the same as what we pay for the two bedroom.

I should say that a two bedroom seemly translates to more points than a one bedroom or studio suite.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

Sorry the last line should read "simply translates" not seemly translates.

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

Thanks a lot for all the information that everyone gave me. I own a timeshare in Sedona that we bought about 13 years ago for far less (one week a year- no points just weeks). Since we have a family, we were thinking of purchasing another week(points) at the Hilton. Now, at least, I have an idea of what the price is before I sit through the presentation.

NE OHIO
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Vacation Resort at Hilton Las Vegas

If you want to buy in Vegas do yourself a favor and buy second hand. Do the research and you can get a Hilton Timeshare for about .30 on the dollar. We bought a Hyatt week in Key West that the developer sells for around $30,000 for $8,000. You can find Hilton weeks in Vegas for around $5,000-$10,000 depending on the week and points. First step is to check out Time Share Users Group forums. A great site for time share information.http://www.tug2.net/