We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Cirque show to see

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Cirque show to see

Hi

We are in Vegas in early Sept & desperate to see our first Cirque show. We are a family (2 teens 13 & 17) so Zumanity is out!! but completely at a loss on which one to choose out of the rest.

I know that it's a matter of personal taste but if you seasoned trip buddies could help out with what the shows are like or what your teens enjoyed it would really help me make my choice. Advice on how to get the cheapest tickets also would be great.

Many thanks

Ripley

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Cirque show to see

I have seen Ka, O, Love and Mystere(twice). Mystere remains my favorite because I think it has the most WOW moments of all the Cirque shows. Love is fantastic in every way- I REALLY loved it -but the emphasis is on the music more than the acrobatic feats (although they are there). O was fine but not as good as Love or Mystere IMHO. I didn't like Ka at all - great stage but it didn't hold my interest.

My vote- Mystere or Love.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Cirque show to see

I have to go along with VP, Mystere remains my favorite over the others, 0 would be my second and Love third with KA being my last pick.

3. Re: Which Cirque show to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2009, 03:05
Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Cirque show to see

Okay, and maybe it's just me here, but does the Criss Angel promo picture on that site not look like it has a huge penis on it?

It seems oddly inappropriate. I noticed it first on their huge posters at the Luxor and Excalibur walkway on my last trip. Out of the corner of my eye, I could have sworn it was a poster with a huge penis on it.

Did their graphic arts guys not think that one through?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Cirque show to see

We took our 16 year old daughter to see LOVE when it first opened, and we all thought it was great. We have also seen KA, and did not like it as much. We have yet to see Mystere and O.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Cirque show to see

There are six Cirque shows playing in Vegas. Which is best is subjective in the extreme. It's like listing the last six winners of the best picture Oscar - they're all undoubtedly great movies but if you asked six different people for their favorite you could easily get six different answers!

You could easily end up hating another person's "best". Personally speaking, for a first experience of CdS in Vegas, either Mystère or LOVE would be great choices.

It used to be that you needed to buy CdS tickets at full price as far in advance as possible in order to avoid potential disappointment but in the current economic climate this is no longer the case. All the shows currently have at least 25% off for selected dates at their respective box offices. These offers are only good for around a month at a time but have been ongoing for the last six months or so. I would wait until about month before your trip before starting to think about tickets.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Cirque show to see

I'd go with Love with the teens ,I've seen a few Cirque shows and Love's by far the least boring to my juvenile mind!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Cirque show to see

I can't imagine anyone not liking Love. There is just so much action going on.

I'm still looking for the penis. Are you talking about Criss Angel's head?

9. Re: Which Cirque show to see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 April 2009, 03:35
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Cirque show to see

Thanks guys, I think Mystere sounds the one for us.

Why on earth did my question provoke discussion about inappropriate images on posters? What's that got to do with Cirque shows?