We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabana questions

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Topic
Cabana questions

So, renting a cabana just guarantees a dedicated place to hang out with personalized service...right? I'll have $50 cabana credit, but still not sure it would be worth even the cheapest $200 gazebo at Madalay Bay. A nice luxury, though. On the other hand, I have this vision of not getting anywhere to park myself if I don't pay the big bucks...So, is renting a cabana the exception or the norm in Vegas?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabana questions

We always rent a cabana whatever resort we are at, Vegas or Maui or where ever. We just like it. Many come to Vegas and do not rent one and still have a great time. Mandalay Bay can be very busy and is spread out. I find have a place to meet and sit in shade works well for us. If you have the credit and the extra $ why not go for it.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabana questions

I am a big fan of the cabana. I don't rent one every day, but usually on weekends. Since weekends are always crowded at the pool, I know I have a spot plus in the warmer months, it's nice to have an air conditioner to go back to. It definitely is a nice luxury.

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabana questions

I was in a similar situation as yourself, I'm going next month to MB and got a $100 cabana credit and ended up booking a $400 cabana on the Sunday we're there. It'll be our first time and it's only the two of us. Many people thinks it's only worthwhile if you have 4-8 people to share the cost, I kind of like the idea and of LOTS of space.

From the info I've read on the topic ( MB Pool/ busy ) - it's such large complex that finding A seat shouldn't be too difficult, just might be a bit of a hunt.

Like you we got a good deal on the room etc. so we're splurging on the cabana.

oh, besides this forum my other source of info was my brother who got one a couple years ago - and LOVED it.

plummer, idaho
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabana questions

Has anyone rented a cabana at the regular pool at the Flamingo? Are they close to the pool or do you have a long walk. Also are you required to buy a bottle?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabana questions

Very much enjoyed the cabana at Mandalay Bay. It gets very crowded and not having to look for a seat and having shade made me stay most of the day.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabana questions

wrknhavoc, I rented a cabana at the main Flamingo pool a couple years ago. Many of them are towards the back of the complex so it might take a while for you to get there when you first arrive. It's not a far walk to the pool once you get to your cabana.

We ordered individual drinks and food which were actually a bit less expensive than if we didn't have a cabana. There was no pressure to buy bottles; they're a little more laid back at the Flamingo.

plummer, idaho
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabana questions

Thanks Tony, I had thought about changing to MGM and renting a cabana at Wet Republic for my d's 21 b-day, that was until I found out you had to spend $2000! I think the Flamingo pool will do just fine.

Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabana questions

When I called the Flamingo the cabanas @ the regular pool STARTED at like $225 plus a MANDATORY $100 food/beverage credit....so total was like $325. The Go pool was $275 plus 1 bottle (between $110-$500). Hope this helps,

Darrin

plummer, idaho
Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabana questions

Thanks, I will definitly give them a call.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,074 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabana questions

It's not the norm, otherwise the pool areas would look like a tent city; MB/THEhotel have 4,400 rooms but only 100 cabanas (per their website; I didn't personally count!).

We usually get a cabana for one or two days during our stay. If we're going to be at the pool for more than an hour or two, it's nice to have a comfortable home; more room, shade available, fridge/soft drinks, TV, comfy chairs, etc.

The pool area at MB gets crowded, so that's one place I'd definitely think the cabana'd be worth the money.