We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
taxis

Is it fair to ask your taxi driver (from the airport to downhown )to go via tropicana? rather than the tunnel way which is much longer?

Mine created a hell of a fuss when we asked last time, and i intend to do the same in 3 weeks!

NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis

I think they have to respect your wishes. If you want to go a certain way, they are supposed to listen to you. If they act like an animal when you make a request, take down their license number and report them.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis

Yes you have a point, but i think we were too tired to argue (15 hours on a plane).

but i thought, he was takin the pee a bot!

it wont happen this time though! ill be ready for it.

(watch the face on him whn i tell him downtown via tropicana) hahahahahaha.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis

You can tell him anything and anyway you want to go.

The tunnel is not necessarily longer it's a bit more expensive but in some cases the tunnel is the better way to go.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis

watch the face on him whn i tell him downtown via tropicana) hahahahahaha

Assuming we are talking the real Downtown.

I would not being going downtown via Tropicana, I would use the highway.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis

hmmm, thats interesting, we are goin to the golden nugget, maybe ill note the fare going (via tropicana) and let u know, it would be an interesting comparision.

of course, it may well be a "quicker ride" via the tunnel.;)

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis

What time of day or night are you landing?

Are your intentions to have him drive Tropicana to the strip? If so you could be in for a very expensive ride if the strip is packed.

I guess you could go up Paradise to Las Vegas Blvd, or Kaval to Sands and then Las Vegas Blvd.

You might go on this thread and ask the Downtown people:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k275444…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis

cheers for that lowrance. ;)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: taxis

Yes, the driver MUST follow the route you tell him.

Tropicana? How do you plan on getting downtown from Tropicana? Do you realize that Tropicana runs east/west and not in the direction of downtown? After he is on Tropicana, how do you want him to get you to downtown? You can't stay on Tropicana.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,498 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxis

I would take the tunnel to DT unless its during rush hour, its by far the best route with no traffic.

If it were rush hour Id go Paradise all the way down until it runs into LV Blvd at St Louis.

Taking Trop to 15 then North to DT is not better than the tunnel.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxis

I am wondering the same thing as the last poster but I didn't bother to touch on it...I am assuming the OP means he will tell the driver Tropicana to (something) but I'm not sure what the something would be...If you just take Tropicana, you will hit desert at some point lol and not downtown