We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Okay everyone, here's a challenge where you'll need your proverbial thinking cap on:

Plan three meals that a non-gambling couple could eat in one day, in and around the Vegas strip, using only public transportation and walking that day. The couple might be on the move or in one area. It doesn't matter. The challenge is that the couple only has $30 a day between them to spend on food TOTAL. (Not $30 each.) Assume transportation is paid for already.

If you go over a tiny bit, that's okay, but bonus points are scored for spending even less.

If coupons or players cards or something that someone handed you in the street or anything else is needed, let everyone know where the coupon or whatever can be found. Remember the no money spent on gambling clause.

Maybe breakfast is something you eat in the room or is included at your hotel. Maybe lunch or dinner includes a fast food value menu. Be creative and specific though. Try to make at least 2 meals "out to eat".

Have fun. :)

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

$30 before ++ or after? That can add 22-25%. Will you spend any money buying coupon books or joining LVA and using coupongs?

easy to do - I have friends who regularly budget $40/day a couple including ++ and have no trouble. They do belong to LVA - money well spent. They use the CAT system if needed.

Breakfast - graveyard specials at Terrible's, 1.99 ea. before 6am. If you keep east coast time easy to do. If you miss the graveyard specials at T's use a 241 for a $3 meal - total under $3 before ++. wild west, fruit and yogurt from a convenience store or a late "brunch" buffet also work.

Lunch - use another 241 coupon many places for total under $7. Terrible's works again - the well-known 1/2 roasted chicken dinner including 3 sides is $6 - with a 241 that's $6 for lunch for two. Large menu, better food than EI and the steak special for $7 including a beer and using the 241 is half the price of EI using a better cut of beef

Gold Coast buffet with a 241 - about $8 total.

So far $10-12 for lunch and dinner before ++

There are many cheap options that offer decent food besides T's. read LVA for many ideas. I'm not a buffet fan - for a $30 day budget for 2 I'd use a bunch of 241's from LVA - easy. The GC is one of the better cheap options, not all the cheap ones are good - so research.

two Mr. Lucky's gambler's special for 15.54 if you want to splure for dinner. or another 241 buffet, or 241 entree at places such as EI (i hate the place-may work for you using a 241 entree coupon - can NOt be used on the steak special), binion's deli, or the great $50 off at palms coupon - see how much money you have left and order u to that amount.

$30 a day for 2 before ++, especially using coupons is easy. Without couons that's $5 a meal each - still easy. muffin or yogurt for breakfast, cheap buffet like GC for lunch/dinner. deli's and slit the sandwich, lotus of siam lunch buffet.

$5 a meal is a lot to some!!

lasvegasadvisor.com/whyjoin-mrbdetails.cfm…

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Desert Rose, breakfast included in price of meal.

Lunch Slots of Fun hot dog $1 each plus 2 Henikens @ $2 each for a total of $6

Ellis Island $6.95 steak special at $6.95 each for dinner

Your challenge was much too easy! You could even have McD's breakfast thrown in and still be under the $30 for 2 for the day.

nmbjs
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

There are many McDonald's on and about the strip.

Boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

There's always the shrimp cocktail diet :}

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

I agree with Bridge for the Terribles breakfast buffet with a 2/4/1. I like the giant crumb cake at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for $2.50 each. Grave Yard specials at Orleans are good.

Lunch Nathan's hot dogs in NY NY or Palms with a 2/4/1 from ACG it good for any menu item, or Bills free hot dog and beer coupon.

.75 hot dog carts at Gold Coast near the sports book.

The Noodle Exchange at Gold Coast has several lunch specials at $6.95 each.

Use the bus and go downtown for shrimp cocktail at Golden Gate $1.99 without a club card or .99 with. Come prepared with coupons downloaded and printed from www.vegasexperience.com and try a two for one buffet. Magnolia's is another good coupon.

Many people like a light breakfast, a buffet lunch, and a light dinner which makes that thirty go further.

Laurel, Mississippi
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Shrinkgirl: How do you get to coupons on the Fremont St site that you mentioned? Thanks.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Try this link instead and enter your email address. Try and set a password but if you can't I'll give you one!

http://vegasexperience.com/coupons/

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

The password realvegas works.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Shrinkgirl- my GC hot dogs are now ...$1.25- shocking, I know!

Breakfast- Sam's Town- steak and eggs- $3.99 (free shuttle)

Lunch - 2 or 3 Gold Coast hot dogs -$2.50 or $3.75(free shuttle)

Dinner- $6.99 Ellis Island steak special (off menu)- walk.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 meals a day for a couple, Vegas strip, less than $30 total

Of course you are right vp03. My mind slipped to the not so distant past there for a moment. LOL