We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IP pool

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
IP pool

Daughter just graduated from college and is off to vegas with a friend. They're staying at IP. What's the pool like? Any cabanas? Thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,721 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,104 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
404 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: IP pool

If there is any way they can change hotels they should do so. IP is not the place for 21 yo to hang by the pool. It's basically a dump - yes, my opinion, some will tell you it's wonderful - for a few dollars more she can stay in a MUCH nicer hotel.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IP pool

It's just a big rectangle, nothing really special.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: IP pool

whatever age she is - 21 or not - IP is not the place to be.

texas
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: IP pool

Its a hole in the ground.

SHE can do better.

Flamingo

TI

Mirage

Orleans

Ballys

MGM

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IP pool

Unfortunately she doesn't have a choice. Fortunately her friends dad is paying. I really don't want to bite the hand that is feeding her. If I could I would get a deal on smartervegas.com and split it with him but there are others in the group as well. When we say dump are we talking about safety issues as well?

Roscommon, Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: IP pool

Was there a few weeks ago, a normal rectangle pool, loses the sun at about 16.00 at this time of year. No safety issues and if there on a Tuesday or Saturday you can use Harras or Flamingo pool when they close early to prepare for evening party.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: IP pool

The IP is fine. Your child will have a good time.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: IP pool

The cabanas are cheap and the pool is nothing spectacular, but the IP is JUST FINE.

The IP is FAR from a "dump" - it's a fine budget hotel in a perfect location on the strip. Do not do the Capri rooms, but otherwise the IP is just fine.

I've stayed at Wynn, theHotel, Paris, Bellagio, etc. and IP works just fine. It's not posh, but it isn't the Hotel Carter in NYC!

Toronto
Level Contributor
786 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IP pool

As long as she is not alone at IP she should be fine. Make no mistake about it; IP IS A DUMP. The guests that frequent this place well;; she will be able to judge for herslf. IP is equivalent to a cheap trailer park with most clientele to go along with it. Just not a great place at all. Much much better for a few dollars more. The food is garbage which is in keeping with a dump.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IP pool

I have stayed there several times in the past - and farnly its full of 21 years olds staying and sitting by the pool. Ignore Bridgefan1 comments as it comes from a prude and bitter soul.