We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR Plaza Super Bingo May 18-20

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
TR Plaza Super Bingo May 18-20

Flew out of New Orleans arrived in Vegas 9:50am non-stop flight on Southwest.

Mom 60 3rd trip this year, and myself 38 5th trip this year, flew in for the Plaza Super Bingo.

Free rooms comped at the Plaza DT- I did not care for the Plaza rooms-hair in tub did not belong to us, most elevators were broke in the North tower only two working the whole time and this was the Super Bingo time so they had 1,000 people there for the bingo. Smell in the hallways was like sour carpet or something.

Dining was very little: Golden Gate Deli shrimp cocktail on Monday. Tuesday Golden Gate Diner for breakfast was very good and priced right, Tuesday evening GG Deli shrimp cocktail. Wednesday we had lunch at GG Diner. So food was not a big part of this trip at all.

Gambling: We did alot of gambling, won 3 jackpots between us 2 for mom and 1 for me. Monday after arriving we went to the GG and mom hit a penny machine right off the bat for a little over 1,000.00 on something Jack that has a major and minor jackpot she got the major. We went and played our bingo session and had no wins so we went back to gambling, we only played at the GG, Plaza, and 4Queens. By time we made it to 4Q and played a while I was down, but found myself a very nice 1.00 Pinball machine and made my bankroll back. On the way back to the Plaza we stopped back in at the GG and again mom hit another major jackpot on the "Jack" machine for a little over 1,000.00 again so I played the game in the same little bank of machines and sure enough I hit the major jackpot for 1160.00 played some more then decided it was time for bed being it was a little after 7:00am and we had been up since 4:00am the day before, 27 hours with no sleep was getting to me.

I went to the room and mom decided to try some more slots at the Plaza, well by 8:30am she was calling my cell wanting to know if I was coming back down-"yes I'm on my way mom". We played slots DT till it was time to finish our Bingo session, again nothing on bingo so back to the slots, we finally quit playing at 12:30am and back up the the room where I informed my mom "there is no reason to wake me up at 6:30am we need to rest" She had been up for 46 hours straight and we figured she gambled for about 36 of those hours, Well 6:33am she is waking me up again to hit the slots.

Headed to the airport about 4:00 had a little delay headed home but no big deal, one screaming kid on the flight that basicly screamed the entire flight home 3 and a half hours worth of screaming.

Plaza Super Bingo: Here's the deal with that, your 125.00 to play gets you 1 pack of cards with only 8 bingo cards for each game, if you want more cards they sell you packages for 50.00, 100.00 and 150.00 to add to your one card, first day I did the 100.00 add-on and the second day I did the 150.00 add on, so my 125.00 super bingo turned into a 375.00 Super Bingo for 2 days and mom did the same, so now we have it figured out next time we will each take our 375.00 combine it and go hit a 5.00 slot machine together and we will have a better shot at some money.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR Plaza Super Bingo May 18-20

Hey, interesting trip report, and I think you are onto a good plan by combining bingo money to use elsewhere for better odds. I stayed at Plaza once and wouldn't return. Downtown there are better places for low prices. Wow.... your mom (and you) can go, go, go! Also, AWESOME jackpots. I am assuming you both went home with more than you came with, is that true?

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR Plaza Super Bingo May 18-20

Enjoyed your TR, thanks for sharing. I will be downtown next week and look forward to playing at the GG.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR Plaza Super Bingo May 18-20

My mother and I were at the super bingo also! I was one or two numbers aways a lot. I went to the bingo games after for the drawing and didn't win anything. I made my mother go to the late bingo the second day for the drawing. They ended up pulling her name for $500.

4. Re: TR Plaza Super Bingo May 18-20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 06:17