We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

Palm Springs, CA
Level Contributor
536 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

1.I've read this is a happening place on Sat, not so much on week nights so what about Fridays? If it is crazy busy we were thinking of bottle service but if the line isn't too bad and the club isn't too packed on Fridays we'll probably skip the ridiculously overpriced "bottle."

2.From what I've read I'm guessing this place has a cool club vibe with dancing and a great view but also has more of a relaxed lounge vibe than say Tao or Pure. Is this correct or am I off base here? I am looking for something with a great mix of people. There are 4 of us who are late 20s to early 30s and kind of over the whole club scene. However we are taking our little sister to celebrate her 21st b-day and she's all about the club scene. So, I was hoping to find a place that would suit us all but if that's not possible we would just have to suck it up and do a club for the benefit of the birthday girl.

Thanks for any insight you may have!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Palm Springs, CA
Level Contributor
536 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

bump

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

Can't help you with friday, but been there in august 07 and august 08, both times was on a thursday. First time was a crazy, people everywhere, but last august was the opposite. Only the upper lever of the outside part of the club was open, and we left early.

I personally wouldn't buy a bottle, but the do have and open bar pass (Think it is $60 or so!), that also gives you access to an area where you can sit down!

Regarding the age, i think your group will do just fine, there are people in every ages at Voodoo (Many just wanna check the view after dinner at the restaurant) but would still say the ages vary form 21-30 maybe 35. You are OK! ;o)

The inside part of the club is the "dance" part, playing house music. The outside is playing rnb and that type (Not really my music) of music, with dancefloors on both level.

Hope this helps a little? And please let us know how it went, we are thinking about going there on a friday when we go back to Vegas in, surprise surprise ... august!

Lavallette, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

We went to Voodoo in March on a friday night and had a great time. It was March madness and the place was packed with alot of people. I would suggest though that if its your sisters 21 b day and she is really into the club scene, to take her to XS or Pure. Voodoo isnt your typical club. Its got a great vibe and great view but not sure if a 21 year old would love it as much as they would another dance club. Another choice would be Jet at the Mirage if she wants to dance. What i do like about Voodoo is there is a wide variety of ages there. We met this great guy there when we were there in May a few weeks ago, and he was 21 from LA and was there with his sister at Voodoo and they were there celebrating their moms 50th birthday! Their Mom was dancing and having a great time too. Where ever you decide to go, have a terrific time.

Palm Springs, CA
Level Contributor
536 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

Thanks for the input Real and Sam. I'm thinking we'll do more of the "club" scene on Saturday (looking into the VIP pass for all 4 clubs at the Palms) so I was hoping for Friday to still be fun but a little less wild than Saturday. From what you've said it sounds like it'll be exactly that : ) thanks!

5. Re: Fri night at the Voodoo Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 06:21