We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Such a careless mistake...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Such a careless mistake...

A while ago...I posted on here asking if $260 (something close to that) per person, RT airfare from PHL to Las Vegas was a good deal? Everyone had thought it was good deal since the closer it gets, the higher the airfare...I keep putting it off day after day w/ the reservation...

Sooooo...whipped out my CC to make the reservation this morning, the price went up!!! Now, it's $300 per person!! $40 extra per person and there's two of us...I could have save $80, might not be a lot to some, but I'm just thinking out loud here, that $80 could have gone to drinks, dinner, slots, shows, or a hand or two at the table!!! AHHHH!!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,914 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Such a careless mistake...

Look at the bright side It could have gone up even more.

orlando
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Such a careless mistake...

ack! sorry for your loss :(

I did the same thing when booking my GC tour, so you have company :P

(btw if you do a tour with papillon, make sure you register with their website and they will send you a 10% off coupon code!)

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Such a careless mistake...

definitely an arrgghhh moment--but at least you're still booking the flight, right?

Portsmouth VA
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Such a careless mistake...

Bummer!! My airfare came out to $410 pp from Norfolk. I am disappointed with that, but at least the flight times are good. However, I keep checking the car rental rates and I did save $150 on that (I cancelled and rebooked 3 times!), just by checking weekly.

Somewhere, NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Such a careless mistake...

Sorry to hear about that sns. If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. We're flying out of Newark Liberty. When I first checked, it was $283 per person. I just bought our tickets a few days ago for $313. :( On the upside, I, being the obsessive type, have been checking the prices since I bought the tickets and have seen them go from the $313 I paid to $358. So...don't feel too bad. Just be excited that you are going to Vegas. :)

Kate

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Such a careless mistake...

$410 from Norfolk?? I booked through Southwest a few weeks ago and got $99 each way ($217 after taxes, I believe) per person from Norfolk. I've been to Vegas quite a few times and haven't ever paid more than about $275 per person.

I'm guessing you're flying on a weekend or a holiday or something?

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
130 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Such a careless mistake...

Go to a different computer and do your flight search. Sometimes, but not always, because of cookies you get different results.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Such a careless mistake...

Or just clear the cookies on your own computer.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Such a careless mistake...

I just read something interesting in Reader's Digest. In the article it states the best time to book a flight is 12:01 am on Wednesday mornings in the timezone where the airline is based. It also states not to book on the website, but to call and book. It does not say why, but it is worth a shot for next time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Such a careless mistake...

We paid about $2,700AU to fly to Vegas so yeah $80US doesn't seem that much.