We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alamo rental codes

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
alamo rental codes

Awhile back there was a post with a code used 7012298. Someone said it identified you as a travel agent. Just wondering if anyone rented using that code and how it turned out?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: alamo rental codes

Hi canhockeymom2,

We used that code for our trip May 31- June 5.

No questions were asked when we checked in at

at the desk. Our friends used the same code

and prepaid online ...bypassed the kiosk and

desk and went straight out to the car lot.

Again...no trouble at all. If your able to

use it I wouldn't hesitate as it saves you a

lot of money. Hope this helps.

dan303
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: alamo rental codes

Quote from the Alamo site:

The primary renter of the vehicle must be 25 years of age, or for select corporate contracts and international tour accounts, the minimum age is 21.

Anyone under 25 try using this code? I'd hate to get there and be denied the car (and deal!).

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
393 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alamo rental codes

kozmo33... Glad to hear you had no problems using the code, we are using it in a couple of weeks and also plan on checking in at the kiosk.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alamo rental codes

good to hear. i have a reservation with it and as was stated, it saves alot of money.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alamo rental codes

That code also includes a no fee "full LDW"

Normally I would decline this coverage as it is covered by credit card.

I wonder if one excepts this free coverage only to find on return (with daamage)that the were not eligible for the code in the first place would they be SOL since only "declined" coverage validates the credit card LDW ?.

Any thoughts ?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: alamo rental codes

I wonder the same thing, but I would imagine getting the answer would be slim to none. What are the chances of someone using the code from this forum, accepting the collision insurance, and then actually being in an accident and filing a claim? I have used this code for a two week rental in Daytona Beach in November. It's a long way off, but currently the code has saved $400.00 off the best price without the code. I think I'll play it safe and deny the insurance, and rely on my own auto insurance coupled with the credit card insurance. So happy to have this code!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: alamo rental codes

Pistnbroke writes: "That code also includes a no fee "full LDW" Normally I would decline this coverage as it is covered by credit card. I wonder if one excepts this free coverage only to find on return (with daamage)that the were not eligible for the code in the first place would they be SOL since only "declined" coverage validates the credit card LDW ?. Any thoughts ?"

I agree. I also normally decline paid coverage and prefer the security of my credit card. I have 2 bookings coming up using that code. My strategy is to go to the counter instead of prepay - and seek a further discount to decline and pay using my credit card (the one which has this coverage). The reality is if you do not decline or can not decline it - the CC will not cover you. You must have evidence of a signed initial declining on a paper copy of the statement. That leaves me with you wondering about that code...and just how secure anyone is in the event of a collision. We all hope nothing happens but accidents happen all the time. Other than trying to decline what appears to be an included "C"DW - it appears there is risk until proven otherwise.

8. Re: alamo rental codes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 06:19