Not you typical trip report - forget what airline we traveled, cab rides, etc. Here's my tips for vegas 2009.
1. Staying at the Flamingo is awesome if you book a Go Room that overlooks the strip. Pool scene is outstanding!
2. Staying at the Flamingo is totally crud if you gamble - slots are super tight and so are the VP pays. No 3-2 blackjack - beware the 2-1 blackjack with bizarre rules.
3. Mirage Spa rocks! Booked a 'renewal' spa session for my lovely lady - she could barely walk afterwards.
4. Mystere. First Cirque show ever. It is what it is - see it if you must.
5. Mirage Poker room - very well run - and a very nice casino overall.
6. BLT Burger at Mirage - very cool. Can't comment on the burger - just stopped for fries but very nice service and atmosphere.
7. Bellagio Conservatory - jaw dropping.
8. Mon Ami Gabi - great service - awesome wine, best pork chop I ever had. Fried Fish not so much.
9. Main St Station 777 brew pub - very good beer (try the sampler) and the food is good too!
10. Sin City Brewery - not so good.
11. Margaritaville - who cares?
12. Kahunaville - who cares?
13. Isla - very good 'authentic' Mexican at TI. great seafood and tequila drinks.
14. Fremont Street - great time on a Wed night. Binions is coming back strong and the Golden Nugget hasn't aged a bit. Can't miss giving downtown a visit after sundown (check the Queen tribute light show).
15. Rock and Roll - heck with the 'ultra-lounges' - Rock and Roll still lives at Harrah's Carnival Court (The Crashers rock!) and elsewhere (saw a very entertaining Jimi Hendrix band on Fremont St.)