We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYNY room advice

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaumont, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
NYNY room advice

Hi all! I'll be staying at New York New York this fall (for a convention) and don't know what room type to book. I'd like a quiet room (so I think Skyline is out because of the roller coaster outside?). I'm intrigued by the Spa Suites, but wonder if the bathtub in the bedroom makes the room humid? My budget is around $150 per night. I'm a frequent Vegas visitor, but honestly know almost nothing about NYNY except what I've read here. I appreciate any advice!

California
Level Contributor
275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYNY room advice

I've never stayed at NYNY but I just booked two rooms for this Thursday night. I'll let you know.

Also noticed your from Beaumont Tx, I've been there a couple of times for work and like your downtown area. Everyone seems to know everyone else. Must be nice!

Beaumont, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYNY room advice

Thanks!!

Yes and no about ol' Beaumont. I moved here about three years ago, and it's sometimes nice that everyone knows each other, but sometimes it feels like Mulberry! Big culture shock from Chicago. :-)

Have a great time, and I hope to hear from you when you get back!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NYNY room advice

brchodzin,

At that budget I would not stay here. Been there...done that, and can tell u for that money there is PLENTY of other places u can stay that will be both close, and much higher quality. I don't have to tell u this as a frequent vistor...BUT.... where have u stayed before??

No, the spa suite will not make ur room humid. However, the rooms are SMALL, SMALL, SMALL, and although I like to gamble here..to stay here is NOT my preference - convention or not. I have stayed there many a trip -- and HATED my room, no matter the tower. IMHO.

MGM across the street is where I would pick, IMO. MB, or PH would come to mind BEFORE I would consider NY NY again... ever!

Brian~

Beaumont, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYNY room advice

Hmm, thanks for the head's up. I'll be there for 5 days, so a tiny room might get on my nerves! I've stayed at MB, Luxor, MGM, Paris and Caesar's before, and NYNY wouldn't be my first choice either (if I'm being honest) since I've not really seen a stellar review of it yet. My job requires I be kind of "on-call" while I'm there, but MGM might be do-able just across the street. Thanks again!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYNY room advice

Is the convention being held at NYNY?

Is it over the weekend or weekdays?

chelt
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NYNY room advice

i stayed at the nyny january.

and i did not like it.

you can hear the rumble and noise of the roller coaster. 150 bucks can get you something way much better and i had a problem with the noise of the toilet and had to wait over an hour for an engineer to come and look at it.overall,outside windows looked like that theyd not been cleaned for years.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NYNY room advice

I can tell you that the "upgraded" Broadway Deluxe I stayed in last Winter was a dump. The old 22" TV didn't even work.

Beaumont, TX
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYNY room advice

Hey DiceMan-

The convention is at NYNY and I'll be there from Tues-Sat.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYNY room advice

Don't know when your convention is but promo codes right now for NYNY can get you a basic room in the $40-50 dollar range. $150 can probably get you a suite.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: NYNY room advice

IMHO, NYNY is definitely not as bad as most of the posters say here on TA. The non-suite rooms are standard in size to any other comparable Vegas strip hotel. NYNY has a great atmosphere and we've never had any problems (we've stayed twice - and will continue to return). As for the rollercoaster.....much ado about nothing! We've never noticed the "noise" from the coaster...for us it was such a non-issue. Unless, I guess, you have superhuman hearing. Feel free to let me know if you have further questions! Enjoy your stay!!