We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new TA format --disappointing

philadelphia
Level Contributor
779 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
new TA format --disappointing

ugh. this new format stinks. gonna take awhile to get used to it; not as user-friendly as before. Hope it's temporary.... :(

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Ontario
Level Contributor
67 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: new TA format --disappointing

I think it stinks as well.

I'm just a lurker but follow it all the time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: new TA format --disappointing

Don't pick on the DE's. We did not ask for the change or to have our avatars listed/posted. I for one don't like the new format either.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: new TA format --disappointing

TA, are you listening?

Obviously, the idea of a new web design, no matter what the design was became important, it did not matter that it was not user friendly. That was not taken into consideration.

Why waste the space of the third column on DE's? I'm not saying they are a waste but having them listed and take up so much space is ridiculous.

This is an online forum.........the forum should take up most of the space, still plenty of places for the ads. The way it is now, TA will lose members/posters. We get new people on the forum all the time, but if we can't figure out how it works or how to navigate etc, how inf the world would a new person do so? If I were new here, I'd take on look, leave and go find another travel forum! In fact, that's not a bad idea ofr any of us?

To be honest, at the moment, I just can't be bothered. Change for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'. TA, you've made a BIG mistake here! But, since you've done it, heaven forbid you'd admit it and change it yet again!

It was nice knowing my forum friends. I'm lucky, I've been around long enough that things won't change for me, I have a very wide circle of friends via this forum that I'll keep no matter what TA does/doesn't do.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: new TA format --disappointing

No good.

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: new TA format --disappointing

This is so awful! i'm doing far to much scrolling, since the pages have so much wasted space.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: new TA format --disappointing

Well I for one am going through http://www.tripadvisor.com/ as to use the old format.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: new TA format --disappointing

This format has been keeping me off of the forum most of the day....guess I'll have more free time now....hahaha

canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: new TA format --disappointing

very disapointing to see the change

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: new TA format --disappointing

I am so disappointed I could cry. This is just horrible!!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: new TA format --disappointing

I'm SO confused.

Where are these "FAQ" and "beyond the destination" sections? I can't find them. Am I blind?