We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venezia

san francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Venezia

I just got an email from the Venetian customer service saying due to unforeseen circumstances they aren't taking reservations from the general pubic anymore. This is a disaster of minor proportions as it was my very favorite place to stay in Vegas. Does anyone know why they are doing this?

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
853 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venezia

?? Did you have a future reservation booked with Venetian? Additionally, is this specifically for the Venezia tower of Venetian or for the Venetian in general?

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venezia

I'm sure it's some sort of computer glitch or something. Why don't you try to call them?

Suite Reservations

Phone

Toll free: 866.659.9643

Local: 702.414.4100

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Venezia

did you have a reservation already in place or try to make a reservation?

san francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venezia

Specifically, I wrote to their customer service asking why I couldn't book the Terrazzo suite through the website for the foreseeable future.

www.venetian.com

They wrote back and specifically said, "...due to unforeseen reasons we are no longer offering our Venezia Hotel to the general public."

Just go to the web site and try checking rates for the Venezia, and write to reservations@venetian.com if you'd like to verify. I"m just wondering if anyone has any idea why the Venezia is no longer available to the general public.

Cheers and thanks again, Rox

san francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venezia

Also I'm very sorry for not saying "Venezia" in my original posting. The Venezia tower is what I was unable to book, and customer service verified the Venezia hotel is no longer being offered to the general public.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
853 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venezia

Hmm. My guess is they're temporarily closing the Venezia tower down to the lower overall occupancy.. Or they could also be getting ready to start renovations on the rooms.. Which were supposed to happen but had no real timeframe due to the economy.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
853 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venezia

^^ *due to the lower overall occupancy.

san francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venezia

Thanks for your answer. This makes sense - I was surprised some of their suites were available so close to when I reserved. If that's the reason, I hope things pick up and they reopen soon. A remodel could be a bonus but I kind of liked their classic old furniture.

Level Contributor
1,929 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venezia

I noticed that yesterday as well. I *just* booked a Venezia suite for later this month using the $69/night offer I received through Club Grazie.

I went back later last night to look up photos/floorplans of the room, and saw that when I put in my dates, the Venezia no longer comes up as an option.

It still shows up in my Club Grazie offers, through September 11.

My guess is that renovations will start on Venezia sometime after mid-September. Those of you with a Club Grazie login can probably still check the website to find the $69/night offer.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venezia

Interesting... what's a Club Grazie login? Does ever Club Grazie member have one, or do you have to be at a certain level?