We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virgin airline

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
virgin airline

any views on virgin airlines to lv

thankyou

UK
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: virgin airline

To be honest it is probably the best option. I am booked with Virgin for a trip in December for only £350.00 return.

I have never used them before but I have used US Airways which was OK apart from having to change in Charlotte. The total travelling time was 5 hrs longer than flying direct with Virgin.

Havant, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: virgin airline

I have been with Virgin to Orlando and the flight was very good. I havent been to Vegas with Virgin but I am booked up in December as it was really cheap. I'm looking forward to the direct flight, It will be good not to have to change flights in New Jersey for a change.

London
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: virgin airline

Just about to post a trip report which includes this. I flew with Virgin last month as I thought the direct flight would be much better than having to change somewhere. However, it was one of the worst flights I have ever been on. The majority of passengers drank as much alcohol as they possibly could. Large groups of drunken men stood around the toilets and emergency exits for several hours drinking cans of Stella while the cabin crew seemed to hide out of the way behind their curtain and left them to it. I won't be flying with Virgin again and I'd rather have the inconvenience of a connection than 11 hours of English drunks on holiday.

Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: virgin airline

Flew with Virgin, Heathrow to Vegas last November. Whilst it was great to go direct, make sure you don't get the seats at the back of the plane. The structure goes narrower but they still cram in the same 3 seats as they do in the wider part of the plane - and to suffer that for 11hrs+ wasn't comfortable at all. So we decided to pay for the door seats on the way back but one seat was broken and we couldn't sleep because of all the traffic in and out of the staff area!

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: virgin airline

I'd strongly recommend that you fly with Virgin Atlantic. I've flown with many other major airlines, including Continental, Emirates, Quantas, Air New Zealand and United - and in my opinion Virgin are the best, by far. If I have the choice, I'll always fly with them.

A few years ago, we flew with United via LAX to Las Vegas - what a mistake! We actually flew over Las Vegas on our way to LAX, and then had to wait a few hours before flying all the way back again. That was 4 hours of our holiday gone straight away and we were exhausted by the time we got there. It's far better to be on a direct flight, even if it costs a few £ more...

Also with United, you have to pay $5 for alcoholic drinks - on Virgin they're free. I guess there are arguments for and against this, judging by one of the previous posts!

If you can afford to upgrade to Premium Economy, I would do so. The flights to Las Vegas are on 747's, and some of the Premium Economy seats are located upstairs, where you feel like you're on your own private jet!

Otherwise, if there are just two of you, pre-book your seats at the back of the plane, where there are a few rows of two seats together by the window.

U2fan

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: virgin airline

I have flown Virgin three times from the United States to England. I have also used many of our domestic airlines plus Alitalia, Air France, Olympic Airways, etc. Virgin is the best one I have ever used- by far! They were always been on time, the staff was super, the service was A+, the food was good, etc. One time they even had a little band that entertained us for a few minutes on our way home! If I could fly from Jersey to LV using them I would definitely would. I absolutely love that airline.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: virgin airline

We flew with Virgin from Gatwick to Vegas last month. Having a direct flight was great, and the twilight check-in the night before saved a lot of hassel on the day itself. All long haul flights are a nightmare, but at least this is the quickest way to get to Vegas. The food wasn't too bad either....

English Lake...
Level Contributor
137 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: virgin airline

Virgin Atlantic are excellent.Miles better than BA anyday. I`ve flown Gatwick to Vegas twice and can`t recommend them highly enough. Use the online checkin service for Gatwick and then just drop your bags and go ,already having picked your seats online and avoid the mile long check in queue at area A in Gatwick. At McCarran go to the Virgin check in desk for 10am and get an upgrade and pick your seats , once again avoiding the mile long queues later on , then head back into town until an hour before your flight (4pm?.) . Seats and service have always been spot on in my experience and you have much better in flight entertainment aswell.

London
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: virgin airline

I didn't think the in flight entertainment was great either. Its not as good as on some of the other Virgin routes from Heathrow (not as much choice and no games). Also, the planes we were on had no skymap channel! For some reason I find the map quite compelling viewing.

Service was awful - one drink before dinner and then the next 9 hours you had to go and get your own and take your rubbish back as the crew collected the trays from dinner and then disappeared.

We were also held up an extra 15 minutes boarding on the return flight (already been delayed by nearly 2 hours) as some of the cabin crew were still in duty free!

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
915 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: virgin airline

Did you not see watchdog last week?