We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

isle of man
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

Please help i changed hotel from TI to Bellagio to a deluxe room however i dont want to pay anymore for a lake view can get MGM for a little less (get money back not much)...

its my wedding over there and also we dont drive so dont want to be put in the middle of nowhere!!!

please help????

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

What are your dates, and did you use a discount promo code when you booked bellagio?

isle of man
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

31/Oct/09 6 nights booked with virgin

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

These give you two properties will give you quite different experiences. Bellagio will provide the full on "Vegas experience" right at the heart of the Strip. Signature is more detached and a walk away from the "action" at MGM Grand. Signature accommodations are superior to Bellagio standard rooms. So it all depends on just what you personally are looking to get out of a hotel. It may not be relevant to you but be aware that Signature is totally non-smoking.

I personally wouldn't stay at Bellagio for my wedding without a Lakeview room, but that's just me! Whichever you choose you definitely won't be "in the middle of nowhere".

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

Bellagio is coming out quite high priced for your dates. I tried the discount offer B25SUM, and the Lakeview is $1279.50 plus tax. I apologize but I know nothing about the Signature, however it looks as if a room there is priced lower than the B.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

Unfortunately there's a large auto industry convention (110,000 attendees) that gets underway on November 3rd. Hotel rates will be relatively high that week.

isle of man
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

i have already paid for bellagio and just wanting your advice on if i should swap to signature??

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

If you want to be in the middle of everything, the Bellagio location is great. Don't worry about switching.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11,258 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

I agree with Zeke. Stay put.

When you check in @ B. ask nicely if an upgrade to LV is available. If they have one, it may cost up to an extra 50$ per night, or they may be able to give you a 'Strip view' room on a floor lower than 10 without an added charge. I stayed recently in a Strip view room on the 7th floor that had a rather nice view of the fountains. The hotel can't peddle these rooms as LV because those are located on floors ten and higher.

Is this your first visit? If so, without having other Strip hotels for comparison, and only seeing the other hotel's public areas once you get there, I think you'll be satisfied with your choice of Bellagio. I love the hotel, and have returned many times.

Good luck with your wedding planning :]

Nebraska
Level Contributor
410 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

We stayed at Signature last summer--never again. No matter what anyone says, it's a HIKE to Las Vegas Blvd. and while nice, Signature doesn't give you one bit of Vegas vibe. As well, the pool areas are basically unshaded concrete slabs--ugh.

I think you will be ever so much happier at Bellagio. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

san juan
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio or Signature MGM Grand ????

I have just returned this weekend after spending 6 nights there and overall I wasnt disappointed. On check-in I politely enquired about Lakeview room upgrades and were told they were available at a 25 dollar per night supplement, this we took and it was well worth the money (that is if they have actually charged us, we had already paid up-front for room and on check-out nothing appeared on our bill for the lakeview)

Having wandered in and out of most of the other hotels this has more of an overall hotel feel than most and has an excellent position on the "strip"