We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch out for MGM deals!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Watch out for MGM deals!

Put a little of this on another post but felt it was enough of an issue to draw my fellow posters' attention to it. I made a reservation with MGM grand 3 days ago through a promotion they are running which in addition to other benefits included a free upgrade to a celebrity spa suite. When i received my confirmation there was not mention of room type but mentioned a disclaimer about room type being dependent upon availability. My reservation on the site said Grand Tower room. So, i called them and apparently there are no celebrity spa suites left so i would be put in a standard room. So be careful not to take these offers too literally as, apparantly, they are not always what they seem. Don't know what to do now, it's my first Vegas trip, gutted! Lisax

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

Please don't be gutted, the Grand Tower rooms are VERY nice and VERY big. Especially for your first trip...believe me, you will be overwhelmed with everything about MGM. No, you won't have a spa tub in your room but it's summer - go to the pool and soak in one all day!

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

so tell us what the terms 7 conditions of the offer were. as far as the upgrade - something like "based on availability" or a guarantee? If the former, nothing to watch out for - other than reading the deal carefully. If the latter ask to speak to a supervisor.

Are you sure the deal is not as it seems - or did you just miss that the upgrade wasn't guaranteed? Do you have a link to the offer?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

As Bridge said, it's not easy to comment on this without knowing exactly what the offer and its terms and conditions involved. Posting either a link or the promo code would be helpful.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

Just went to my old mail and read that offer, which I also got.

You have to click on the link that says "terms and conditions".

It says right there that the upgrades are based subject to availability.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
544 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

I would still request the Celebrity Spa suite upon arrival. Many times the hotel will try to accommodate you. I have found that the desk clerks always try to help you out if you are polite, friendly and explain your situation.

Boston, MA
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

Every offer I have seen for the MGM, including those for specific room types seem to have the following fine print:

"We are unable to guarantee specific room types and locations, however a sincere effort will be made to accommodate your needs."

I booked a Celebrity Spa Suite in February and it included this disclaimer in it, although I specifically booked and paid for this room type.

I assume this is rarely needed, at least I hope so.

MI
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

bridge, your rude.. So you would be understanding if you paid for a lexus but I gave you a chevy cobalt? s long as the contract you signed said "based on availability" ? Right...

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,832 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

I'm sure BF would never sign that contract. BF would have read it first. That's the whole point.

To the OP...You may still get your CS suite. Depends what's available at check-in. Good Luck!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

I was wondering about this too. We have a reservation for Sept that includes the Daily access to the Grand Buffet for 2 people. Reading the fine print it says "MGM GRAND has the right to cancel or modify this promotion at its discretion and without prior notice"

I noticed that the same type of promotion that they were offering in December for the Rodeo has been modified to 2 for 1 buffet.

Someone on this forum stated that an employee told them that they were losing money on this all day buffet promotion so they were going to end it.

I couldn't care less about the buffet but we switched hotels for this because of my husband. We had a great deal elsewhere.

Does MGM GRAND usually honour their promotions??

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Watch out for MGM deals!

FYI. On my offer, it states " Suite bed type based on availability upon check-in. We are unable to guarantee specific room types and locations, however a sincere effort will be made to accommodate your needs."

if that helps at all.