We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re married - renewal of vows

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
re married - renewal of vows

we are thinking we might like to have a party with our friends for our anniversary this year. Of course thoughts go to LAS.

Looking for thoughts on chapels that people liked both for appearance, and ease of booking, looking for a smooth, well planned event ( I know everyone is!!)

Would love to read through your opinions.

This will happen in April next year.

Had friends who did this at Mandalay Bay and they loved it.

opinions, thoughts and knowledge from any of you that have done this or looked into it already and which hotels?

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re married - renewal of vows

Re-married? Like it wasnt bad enough the first time I have to ruin my vacation by doing it again?

No thanks but good luck to you.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re married - renewal of vows

We did a 10th anniversary Elvis ceremony at the Viva Las Vegas chapel. I'd highly recommend them. They were great to work with for setting things up. And "Elvis" was perfect.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re married - renewal of vows

We did it 5 yrs. ago at The Graceland Wedding Chapel (Bon Jovi did it their) and had a blast. ELVIS did the vows and entertained our whole party. We got a pkg. with pictures and video and everyone said it was the best part of the vacation.Nice little chapel and they even supplied flowers for wife and ELVIS scarf. Back then they had a choice of either a thin ELVIS or heavy,we ended up with the heavy and he could not have been better. Price at that time was not unreasonable as I recall. They are located on Las Vegas Blvd. around 600 or 900 block I think. Have a BLAST.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re married - renewal of vows

CA, sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience :(

Everyone else, thanks for the ideas... any other ideas, thoughts and special ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

Columbus OH
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re married - renewal of vows

Cooper...

We just had a renewal ceremony at Little Church of the West. It was PERFECT, and everything was scheduled in 1 phone call. Another phone call to the limo company (Las Vegas Limo) and that was all set as well...in my opinion, it couldn't have been any easier.

However, that being said, I think "most" chapels in Vegas work the same way. I inquired with several chapels before making a final decision, and they all seemed quite professional, and well organized.

I wanted a chapel "on the strip" and didn't really want to go "too far north" on the strip, so that narrowed down my choices for me.

Most hotels offer packages. It would have been nice to schedule one at our hotel for convenience sake, BUT...we were at The Bellagio, and their packages are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. Plus, it was fun to get in a limo and drive around and arrive at an actual "chapel"...

Good Luck to you!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re married - renewal of vows

what were the $ ranges?

I heard MB was under $5000 for our friends wedding... we spent WAY more than that for our actual wedding...

We love Vegas and as I work for an airline, a lot of our friends have easy access to come.

We just decided we were going to do this and I have not had a chance to call around yet...

What were the $ ranges you found - top and bottom? and were you including things like photographer, food, limo's etc...?

thanks for your time :)

7. Re: re married - renewal of vows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 06:16