We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rollercoster rides

South Wales
Level Contributor
142 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
rollercoster rides

Hi every one

Going to LV on 27th Aug with hubby and 4 friends celebrating a special birthday and staying at the MGM.

Could any one tell me about the rides and the price of these, heard they were very expensive and wondering just how expensive.

Also has any one been to the pool on top of the MGM Grand, any advise would help. GETTING SO EXCITED NOW!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sue x

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Minnesota
Level Contributor
652 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rollercoster rides

we did the NYNY roller coaster about 4 years ago and I believe it was $12 or $15 pp ~ and sooooo totally not worth it IMHO. It was lame by most roller coaster standards.

We did some of the rides at the top of the stratosphere and they were much much better. Also expensive tho, and you had to pay the $$ to get to the top in addidtion to the ride fees. At least they were actually a thrill though!

HTH!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,517 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rollercoster rides

I think NYNY is overpriced, Speed at the Sahara in the NASCAR Cafe is fun ($10) and the rides at the Stratosphere are cool mostly because they are 1,000 feet off the ground.

I used to love the MGM Grand Adventures Park back when Vegas was trying to be family friendly.

I think the Adventuredome (Circus Circus) is fun and a good bargin for $25 for all day.

I like all the cheesy, non-gambling attractions like the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden and all that.

The Bellagio art doesn't interest me as much since Wynn took his impressionist collection with him when he sold the hotel.

3. Re: rollercoster rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 07:16