We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oxford, england
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Hi There

I have completed my esta form in time for travelling out next Tuesday. However, I thought that the confirmation number would be emailed through to me when it wasn't.

Does anyone know how I will be able to get hold of the number?

Or will I need to apply again?

Thanks all

Bit nervous about this, it would be terrible not to get into the States!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

You don't need the number or anything, you still have to fill in the ESTA form on the plane on the way there, even if you have done one online. So essentially the online form means nothing!!

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1212501117599.shtm

Personally you can always resubmit another application or better still contact them for further advice.

DO NOT take the previous posters advice as you risk being denied boarding or turned around at the US immigration.

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Hi

You can go back on the ESTA website and put your details in and it will tell your currnet status. I agree with last person do not board plane before ocnfirmation as you may get refuased entry.

You will be fine just go to Esta website.

Dave

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Edit button please TA....

“Personally I would resubmit another application or better still contact them for further advice”

oxford, england
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Thanks very much Lenny and Dave

I don't think I will take the advice of the first post!

I'll take a look at those when I get a chance.

Thanks all

Daniel

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

You don't NEED a copy of the ESTA or even a note of the number to enter the US. The only time you would need it is if you wanted to edit your details, such as change the flight number, etc for a second or third trip.

All the information on your ESTA will appear on the Immigration Officer's screen when he scans your passport.

You also don't complete an ESTA on the plane. ESTA is electronic not hard copy. What you will complete on the plane is the Visa Waiver and customs forms.

You can safely travel to the US provided your ESTA was approved when you completed it online.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

I was nervous, so I resubmitted another application, expected to be told application already submitted, but it didnt.

next although it says you dont need to have this number or a copy, i wanted proof in case their computer did not show our applications up, so i printed the page with our names, and the application number. that is my advice.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
136 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Sorry I meant you still fill in the Visa waiver form on the plane, not exactly the same as the ESTA.

However you do not need the number when you have applied as long as you have done it as someone else said it is all electronic and linked to your passport. Ive just returned from Vegas and didn't have my number from when I did my ESTA and had no problems, they definitely do not email you the number though you have to make a note of it if need be on the last page when you have completed the application.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Glad to hear it worked as it should. It would be nice if they did send an automatice email of the aplication number, as it would reassure those of us who dont entirely trust computers to get it 100% right.

oxford, england
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa Application - Haven't Got ESTA Number

Thanks all, I've read the webpages and all of your forum posts.

I think that I'm going to play it safe and reapply, printing off the feedback form.

I actually can't believe that they don't email the confirmation number to you, even the most basic form can do that.

Thanks

Daniel