We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

UK
2 posts
Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

we are off on Honeymoon to vegas on Tuesday with limited funds and were wondering if we could save a few dollars by filling up our water bottles from the taps in our hotel room?

Any help be great thank you.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
28,398 posts
27 reviews
37 helpful votes
11. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

The water straight out of your hotel tap is disgusting, but the restaurants filter it in some way that the tap water there is fine. No need to order bottled water in a restaurant unless you want to.

I always make sure to bring a bottle of bottled water back to the room at night to drink if I wake up in the night (usually just get it along with my cocktails while gambling).

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
17 reviews
80 helpful votes
12. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

Cold water, one dollar!!!If you get desparate there are all sorts of people selling it. Plus you can always grab a few bottles, here and there while gambling.

I drank the tap water and it was yucky....I much prefer to get ice and let it melt in the night and drink the melted ice water (they must filter the water before it freezes...at Palazzo at least.)

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Supai
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
11 reviews
18 helpful votes
13. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

My memory of Vegas tap water is that it tastes bad. However, the last couple of times I've tried tap water in my hotel room, it tasted fine. Either I'm getting used to it (a possibility), I'm going crazy (a definite possibility), or some hotels soften/filter their water.

Dallas
Level Contributor
28,312 posts
79 reviews
41 helpful votes
14. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

If you just add a little scotch to it the tap water tastes great!!

I drink the tap water in Vegas all the time.

Grand Island, NE
Level Contributor
235 posts
36 reviews
31 helpful votes
15. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

Just got back from vegas recently and Gallon jugs of drinking water at Walgreens were $1.19. I was there 4 days and used 2 gallons for myself (including making morning coffee as I hate coffee that tastes like chlorine).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
41 reviews
70 helpful votes
16. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

water is cheap in wallgreans I dont think I would drink the tap water, over bottled.

Also like Shirl said where in the UK cant you drink tap water???

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,872 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
17. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

As mentioned, nothing wrong with the tap water, but a lot of people just don't like the taste compared to bottled water, because everybody nowadays just HAS to have bottled water! What did we do 20 - 30 years ago when there was no bottled water????

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
18. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

Doesn't Las Vegas use "recycled water" (toilet to tap), directly or indirectly?

Las Vegas, Nevada – Since the 1950s secondary treated wastewater has been discharged into the Las Vegas wash. The wash is located between the Las Vegas Valley and Lake Mead and represents two percent of the flow into Lake Mead. Lake Mead is the primary drinking water source for the Las Vegas Valley.

Probably the percentage discharged into Lake Mead has increased due to the population explosion in Las Vegas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
333 posts
11 reviews
33 helpful votes
19. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

Pack a bottle of squash and you're laughing.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
20. Re: Can you drink the Tap water in vegas?

I can't help wondering how many people know the test results for their own city water.

From the Las Vegas Valley Water District:

The Las Vegas Valley's drinking water meets or exceeds all federal Safe Drinking Water Act standards. In fact, our water is tested more thoroughly and frequently than most bottled water.

Again- once in Vegas- just taste the water and decide for yourself if the taste is acceptable.