We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas in March

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TO
Level Contributor
887 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas in March

Three times I have been to Vegas in March, and the weather has been great (i.e. for time spent by the pool). However, when I look at the daily averages at weatherunderground.com, etc., I see that I have just been fortunate.

I am considering booking Vegas in March once again as it is a much cheaper school break getaway than going to the islands. I'm curious as to your thoughts and/or experiences going to Vegas at this time of year. Even if it is "cool", can one still sit in the sun for a few hours a day (I'm from the land of snow, so at that time of year, I'm quite desperate ;)

Thanks very much in advance for your thoughts.

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
387 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas in March

We've gone in mid to late March for years as well (NCAA basketball tourney) and have been fortunate with the weather as well. It's a crap shoot, you just have to hope for the best

midwest
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas in March

It's a crapshoot that I've lost twice. There were people out at the pool but it needed to be at least 10-20 degrees warmer to get me out there.

Good luck!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas in March

Both my kids birthdays are March. One the first week, the other mid month. I have to say we NEVER plan outside parties as one day it rsins, one it is sun shine, the next cold. We have learned, for the mid moth kid, 6 outdoor parties planned over the years, 4 days were rain! Also I can tell you no Vegas locals I know use their pools in March.

East Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas in March

Being from Michigan, I can say that a cool March day in Vegas will still feel really warm compared to the snowy days of home. Go, have a good time and just pack a sweatshirt, but I doubt you'll need it.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas in March

I have been many times in March and been lucky until this year. Last week in March and came home first of April...... we were freezing, esp. in the evenings and it was very windy. We saw a few people by the pool each day and only once saw someone in it.

You take a gamble in March after all it is Vegas!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
977 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas in March

As you probably figuered out by now, March can be a crap shoot. Usually plan on lots of wind and cool evenings. If worse comes to worse...

Have another beer... and a shot.

TO
Level Contributor
887 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas in March

Thanks so much for your replies. Yes, being from Ontario I can certainly relate to your sentiments regarding weather from Michigan! I am SO sick of winter by March I really am in a state of desperation. Even if a bit on the chilly side, the sight of palm trees might be solace enough.

There certainly is alot to do in Vegas, so I am thinking of booking the trip, assuming the weather will be moderate to bad- and then anything extra is bonus.

I think that I have been really lucky in the past with the weather in March and November...always warm and sunny...I'll keep my fingers crossed...

thanks so much again...I really appreciate your input.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas in March

No, you can't depend on the weather being that great in March. Some years I was able to swim, some years I was able to just sunbathe and other years it was so cool/cloudy/windy that I couldn't swim or sunbathe. The later you go in March- the better your chances of getting at least sunbathing weather. But even then it is hit or miss.

Just check a weather site before leavaing -but the forecast can change while you are there. That is why the best thing to do is bring clothes that can be layered- and the bathing suit!

Toronto
Level Contributor
518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas in March

Most of my Vegas trips have been in September but last year, we made a trip in March. I found the days were warm (70 to 80 degrees) and the nights were a little cooler (mid 60's).

Now I'm from Canada (just outside Toronto in fact) so by March, I was just grateful to get away for a few days from the cold and snow and to feel the warmth of the sun!

When I asked one of the dealers he said that was what the weather was like normally for that time of year.

Although for March, this is great weather for me, I think the pools were still closed. I think they usually open them from April to October, weather permitting.

TO
Level Contributor
887 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas in March

I thoroughly agree with your sentiments about winter! I just booked- $600 per person for flight and 6 nights at Mandalay tx. included from Toronto...couldn't resist the great deal for March Break.