We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
228 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay??

Hi,

I am looking for the best possible place to stay on the strip. We are 3 girls in our late 30s/early 40s. I'm looking for a great location that has a nice pool scene, good restaurants and close and convenient to shows and shopping. Can you give me some choices?

Thanks!

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??

Plenty of choices, what is your budget?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,579 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??

Best possible choice also means the best LV has to offer in Hotels.

In LV you Pay for what you get.

These are the best of the bunch, all in or within short distance of mid strip... all have some of the best pools in LV, shopping and up-class restaurants plus other amenities.

Wynn

Venetian/Palazzo

Bellagio

Caesars Palace

Mirage

Mandalay Beautiful but way South of the Strip.

The Encore is also beautiful but might be a little too North for your liking.

Now you have the best, now you decide what you want to pay.....

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay??

I do think the "best location" is mid-strip(Flamingo/strip) since you will then be able to walk to most of the hotels on the south and north parts of the strip. But it is hard to recommend a hotel without knowing your budget.

I wouldn't worry about shows, good restaurants and shopping. They are available on just about any part of the strip. The fun part of Vegas is getting away from just one area and exploring all parts of the strip. It is not like other big cities where things are spread out all over that city. Most people never leave the strip.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
809 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay??

I'm with VP here. You can eat, see shows, and shop at any property on the Strip --- you don't need to be staying there. So it really comes down to the pool scene, location (how willing are you to walk, take the Monorail, or cab up and down the Strip?), and price. Bellagio, Mirage, and Caesar's are great, with Mirage probably being the cheapest of the bunch. The Flamingo has a great pool and is center-Strip, but keep in mind it's an older property that shows its age (but it is less expensive).

Mandalay is a great property, but it is on the south end of the Strip. If you don't mind walking or finding another way to travel the Strip, you can't go wrong there.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,075 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay??

One more question: Are the 3 girls planning on sharing one room? This should greatly affect a recommendation.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay??

I think I'm going to lean towards the Venetian/Palazzo. Thanks to all who responded. Viva!

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay??

Mandalay probably has the best pool "scene", but it's the southernmost hotel, so you'll want to budget for transportation (cabs, buses, Monorail). If the three of you are sharing a room, Mandalay's rooms are larger than standard, and I can't imagine you'd have a problem. Mandalay also does not have a big nightclub scene, though you'll probably find that at Luxor which is next door and connected via indoor walkway and free Tram.

Venetian's and Palazzo's rooms are large as well, but I don't know anything about a pool scene there. You'll find some of the biggest clubs in that area, and tons of shopping (both at the Grand Canal shopping area, and the Fashion Show Mall, which is basically across the street).

8. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:13
9. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 05:16