We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo Hotel ???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo Hotel ???

Saw this place on the internet and would like genuine opinions from others who have stayed there. When we arrive in Vegas we will have been travelling the States for just over 3 weeks and will be looking for somewhere warm to kick back and relax - doing as much or as little as we want. Have had friends suggest Flamingo or Treasure Island - still considering these options - and last time we visited we stayed at the Luxor. WE will be travelling with our two sons who will be aged 12 & 15. Any opinions on hotel would be great or alternately other suggestions. Thx !

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

First of I would not consider Flamingo, its an older low end Hotel whos showing wear and tear.. And not the best place for the kids..

Luxor is too far South on the strip...

Treasure Island and the Monte would be the better choices.

Treasure Island is located in the area of the bigger Hotels such as the Bellagio, Caesars, Venetian and the Wynn.

Monte is a bit more south stip but still in a decent location near the MGM, NYNY.

I would also suggest you look into staying at the MGM, Planet Hollywood and the Mirage.

Texas
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

Monte Carlo is a good, low to medium priced - quality property. Next to NY-NY on south strip.

Scotland
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

Hi there, Monte Carlo is a decent hotel, but remember City Center is being put up next door and is huge!!!

We took our son to Vegas for the first time last year and are heading back next week, booked Excalibur both times, he loved it. Sure it's not the fanciest of places, but the widescreen rooms are pretty decent and the pool area is much better than Monte Carlo, plus you've got the arcade for the kids and it's pretty child freindly.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

I stayed at Monte Carlo in July. I've also stayed at Mirage, TI. Would definitely pick one of those over MC. Agree that Luxor is too far down the other way. I would go Bally's over Monte Carlo.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

Monte Carlo would be a better choice for you that either Flamingo, TI or Excalibur. The more southern location would be better, as there is more for older kids on that side of the strip.

The pool is nicer than Excaliburs or TI's, although your boys might think the wavepool is a little tame, but they will enjoy the lazy river. There is a nice food court, and reasonable dining options.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

I really enjoyed my stay at Monte Carlo but it's not really a family hotel and there have been reports that the construction work is disruptive although it looks as though all of the restaurants are open now.

If you could get a good deal for MGM, that would be a better deal. Lots of family-friendly entertainment there and a really friendly, fun hotel.

7. Re: Monte Carlo Hotel ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2010, 06:16