We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

Which would you choose if you were there for the first time? Pool OK but not necessary as not sure if thewre will be time to actually use the pool during the stupid hours they only have them open for(don't understand why pools aren't open at night in Vegas!!). We have been many times but bringing friends, one of whom has been there twice with her girlfriends, but her husband has never been. They do not really gamble, maybe $20-50 the entire time. We usually stay at IP and like it there and I think they'd be OK with it but looking for something maybe a step up. We get our rooms comped thru HET. They mentioned Harrah's as they'd heard from another friend that it was OK. They do want inexpensive but, like us, cleanliness is a necessity. I think Paris would be more than they'd like to spend and I checked Bayy's for end of March/first of April and they seemed a bit high also. I am thinking harrah's or Flamingo but have not heard too many nice things lately about Flamingo.

Also planning a tour to either Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam (can you go down into the workings of dam now, last time we went you could not). We have been to both but they want to see one or both and we'd like to go again. Any recommendations as I cannot remember who we used last time for tour company. Thanks everyone in adavnce!!

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

Oops - I meant I checked Bally's - not Bayy's

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

It would be easier to advise you if we knew the age range of the people going and when the trip is.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

Oops, sorry you did say end of March beginning of April. I should have read more carefully. I agree that pool is probably not a consideration at that time of year.

Of these choices, Bally's has the largest rooms while Harrah's is the least centrally located.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

they are in mid 40's - - we are mid 50's

I would love to have them stay at Bally's, just not sure if they want to spend the extra approx. $100 for the 4 nts. stay.

We have never stayed at Bally's either and would be perfect time to get my husband out of his rut of always staying at same place.

Then again, I am thinking they may enjoy Harrah's for the Carnaval and Toby Keith bar and piano bar.

So I think I will do the research and get prices and let them know what is available and close to each of these hotels and they can decide. Makes no diff to us as we are comped.

canada
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

You won't be disappointed in the rooms at Harrah's, they are very clean and comfortable. Check out the hot deals link on the Harrah's website for the best prices. The pool is not great, however you can use the pool at the Flamingo.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

I think you would like Ballys. Harrahs is my fav. Harrahs has dueling pianos and the carnival court. Rooms are usually clean and staff friendly. Did you try friends & family code? or hot deals?

With that many why not rent a car rather than using a tour ?

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

What is friends & family code - where do I find that? Soes it work with my husband and I getting a comped room?

We decided on the tour bus as we have gleaned a lot of info from the drivers over the years on history of Vegas, etc. and figured our friends would enjoy that rather than driving, then on the way back we usually take a nap on the bus and are ready for the night ahead.

I am pretty sure we will be staying at Harrah's as there is so much to do even if you are not gamblers.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

I hope this is the F&F page https:/…AvailabilityCalendar.do

for March rooms about 45 for harrahs and 59 for Ballys more on weekends.

Hope this helps if not you can google it. Also make sure to put in you TR card for better rates.

NJ
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

We stayed in Harrah's in August, and I have no complaints at all with the room. The room was as clean as it could be, and to me that's the most important part. It wasn't very big, but I was only there to sleep so size wasn't a factor.

10. Re: Harrah's/Flamingo/Bally's/ Tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:13