We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I hate going to LV on a weekday

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I hate going to LV on a weekday

Here it is Sunday night and we don't leave until Tuesday morning. This means I have to go to work tomorrow, wrap up as much stuff as possible, and try not to think about Las Vegas. In addition, when we return home late Monday afternoon this means I will go to the office to check the mail and messages.

It's so much nicer to leave Sunday and come back Friday. That actually seems like a vacation. I suppose it could be worse; I could have to go to work and then fly to Las Vegas at night. We've done that too.

Am I the only one who hates arriving during the week?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

Since neither of us work we prefer to go during the week - usually arriving on Sunday or Monday. The only thing we find is that most big one-show headliners are only on the weekends. So we never get to see anyone really good. But we love the lack of crowds.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

Have a great time Ken. I really don't care what day I arrive but it has been Saturdays lately. I come home on a Thursday but take the rest of the week off to re-coup. I'm happy just to be able to go.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
1,136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

It sure is cheaper during the week, and the tables are lesss crowded.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

I assume there is some compelling reason why you didn't start your vacation on a Sunday.

I do like to go Sunday to Saturday/Sunday but I will take any day I can get.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
388 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

i agree with warmwinds...i love that it is less crowded and`cheaper and much prefer it to a weekend! :)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

"I assume there is some compelling reason why you didn't start your vacation on a Sunday."

We have to be there over the next weekend. It's going to be a very busy trip, and I wanted to make sure we had the next Sunday to rest. We're too smart and experienced to come home from LV exhausted and jump back into work and our everday commitments, so we won't fly back until Monday.

Because of this I decided I should be in the office tomorrow. Of course this decision was made 2 months ago. Even though I know it's the right thing to do, it doesn't mean I have to like it, lol.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

I sympathize with you, but I like LV on the weekdays better than weekends. Stay strong. :-)

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

Well, your trip definitely has some torturousness to it (having to wait til Tuesday but work Monday), but overall, I think you might find some things you like. Normally I go during the week in December and then the summer months. I do that because it is soooo much less expensive. When I go for a full week I notice the vibe and crowds change as the weekend arrives. That is fun too, but then I am always glad I had a period of time with a little less craziness. Now I am planning my first trip where I am just making it a long weekend. It will be fun, in that case to go to work through Thursday, then get to the airport for a weekend in Vegas!

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

"We're too smart and experienced to come home from LV exhausted and jump back into work and our everday commitments"

This made me laugh at myself because I booked my Thanksgiving trip to come back Tuesday morning, knowing I have a work commitment that I have to attend to at 4:30 that day. I just wanted that one extra night! I'm coming back at the last possible second...consequences to be dealt with later!

Experienced, yes...too smart...well, not so much...;)

As for your plans, you're absolutely right. If I had to go to work tomorrow knowing I'd be going to Vegas the next day I'd spend the entire day neglecting my responsibilities and thinking about all the stuff I was going to do on my trip...;)

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I hate going to LV on a weekday

I feel your pain Ken. I work until Wed. morning and leave Thurs. but find coming home on Thurs and not returning to work until Monday works for me.

Hope you guys have a blast and win big! Remember I will looking for you hehehe.