We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

I'll be in Vegas w/six other friends for the fight next weekend. Saturday night is fight night but Friday our plan is to hit Tryst at Wynn.

Budget is flexible, just 7 guys looking for a fun place with good food, and relatively close to the hotel before our night out. Saturday night we're going to Craft so we'll get our steak fill then. Not like we can't eat steak two nights in a row but it might be fun to do a different cuisine on Friday.

Thanks in advance!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,481 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

I can point you to a hundred different excellent restaurants but since you dont want high end and it has to be somewhat of a fun place I would suggest Kahunaville at Treasure island. While its not the best food in town you can have a fairly decent time their.

treasureisland.com/restaurants/kahunaville.a…

Kahunaville Tropical Restaurant is a Las Vegas hot spot that delivers delicious menu items and exotic island-infused drinks in a fun, lively atmosphere. Enjoy delightful tropical fare such as Calypso Calamari and Piña Colada Chicken while sipping signature frozen cocktails.

You might also want to look at Canaletto at the Venetian, the food will be better, great place to people watch but dont know if I would call it a Fun place.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

Actually high end is fine. It's just since we're doing steak Saturday I thought we'd do something else on Friday.

We'll probably try to eat at one of the Wynn/Encore restaurants. Any suggestions amongst those for a group of guys?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

Do you all like Sushi? Okada is great, it's right next to Tryst. I really like Stratta at Wynn, good Italian food. SW and Botero are great for Steak. Society Cafe at Encore is somewhat casual but has some good food, great drinks, and fun bartenders.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

@JackandSally

I actually love Sushi (and have been to Okada) but there are some in the group that are leery of fish before a night of drinking. Sadly Okada would probably be my first choice if I was in charge.

It seems like Stratta or Society Cafe may be our best options...though Botero looks like fun.

Thanks for the info.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,481 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

Sitting out on the patio overlooking the Encore pool is a great way to spend your dinner at Botero.

Is this not beautiful, Botero

…photobucket.com/albums/vv323/TheDiceman7/…

…photobucket.com/albums/vv323/TheDiceman7/…

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
853 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

Perhaps something next door at Palazzo/Venetian? Never hurts to walk off a lil dinner before hitting the club and getting your drink on! Wouldn't go wrong with Grand Lux or Dos Camino's at Palazzo. First Food & Bar is also in the Palazzo Shoppes upstairs. While none of these are fine dining restaurants, it'll be a good fit for a group prior to clubbing.

7. Re: Dinner Suggestions Before Tryst

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 06:18