We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Reve or Love

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
La Reve or Love

Which show would you recommend? We've only seen Mystere, and really enjoyed it.

London
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Reve or Love

Love is full of action, hustle, bustle, high-tempo etc.... La Reve is much more elegant, graceful and beautiful.

I'm biased as I genuinely think Love is as good as a theatre/ concert gets.... combination of the Beatles, an amazing theatre and Cirque's surreal view of the world make it a very special show IMO.

Ultimately I guess it depends on two things.... how much do you like the music of the Beatles and what type of night you are looking for.

mikeyboy714
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: La Reve or Love

agree, if you are a beatles fan then love is the way to go. especially if you are an outgoing 50-60 year old woman who likes to sing and sway along with the music.

le reve has more acrobatic stuff, probably more typical cirque-like (more similar to O). i am in my 20's, have only heard beatles music occasionally - still enjoyed Love but was more impressed with Le Reve. for a special night out, the VIP package for Le Reve is pretty nice.

midwest
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Reve or Love

I've seen both. Couldn't wait for LeReve to end,,, would see Love again in a heartbeat.

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
958 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Reve or Love

A biased one sided opinion as I have only seen "Love".Honestly it is a beautiful show.And I must say "All you need is LOVE ".At the end of the performance you feel so amazing and like it is true that "Love "really can make all things better.And what my friend could be wrong with more of us feeling that way ??

Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Reve or Love

La Reve is very good...but I thought Love was the best show I've ever seen (except maybe Siegfried and Roy). Love is sensory overload and truly.

That being said, I didn't like Mystere at all. I've found that there are two "camps" on this forum: Those who "get" Mystere and prefer it to Love...on those who have the polar opposite opinion.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Reve or Love

Though I haven't seen Le Rêve I know enough about it to know that these are two quite different shows and comparisons are difficult.. Do a little research about what both shows are all about and come to a decision based upon your tastes and which you think you'd enjoy.

For what it's worth I've seen LOVE twice and enjoyed it immensely both times.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Reve or Love

I have never seen Reve , but I absolutely loved Love. It remains one of my two favorite Cirque shows -the other being Mystere. But Love is completely different kind of a show than Love. Whether one liked Mystere or not- you could still enjoy Love IMHO.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: La Reve or Love

Definitely see Love. Le Reve is not very good and if you want to see a water show try O.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Reve or Love

I've seen Love 4 times and I listen to the CD on a regular basis longing to go back and see the show yet again. Le Reve was good but it didn't have the same impact on me.

colorado
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Reve or Love

I have seen both..definitely LOVE all the way