We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystere Info from those who have seen it

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
330 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mystere Info from those who have seen it

I am leaning towards buying tickets to this as it looks to me like a mostly visual spectacle to be enjoyed.

I am Deaf and would like to know from those who have seen this if it would be recommended as it seems to me to be mostly visual rather than relying upon hearing/listening.

I read on their website that there is music, but that doesn't bother me not able to hear that...but I do ask...for a Deaf person, would that take away from the experience much in your opinion? Or is the visual spectacle enough that a Deaf person can for the most part enjoy the same experience as a hearing audience?

All advice is very much appreciated! :)

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

There are some clips on youtube - maybe you should look there for yourself and see if it gives you chills. :) I just watched a clip of it with the sound off and I felt like it would be a good show.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

YouTube....geez, why didn't I think of that?...Thanks yourstarla, I just went and looked and it seems so spectacular visually...(I did click it off after only half a minute as i don't want to be spoiled seeing it on a lousy computer screen)

So there really is no talking dialogue as in a "regular" show/play and nothing a Deaf person would "miss' seeing it and all mostly just that spectacular acrobatic visual performance?

Sorry for so many dumb questions. Just want to be thorough before I decide to purchase tix! :)

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

The "talking" and "lyrics" are gibberish- no real language or dialogue, if I remember correctly. The emphasis is on the acrobatic feats (unlike Love where the emphasis is on the Beatles music).

Don't sit too close to the stage- things will be going on in every direction-including above you. Mystere is one of my two favorite Cirque shows (the other is Love).

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

There really is no story to follow.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

Thanks vp03, that really helps to make my decision. I'd hate to go to Vegas and not take in a show...and choices are unfortunately quite limited to Deafened people like myself, but 'Mystere' does seem quite tailor made for someone like me!

Again, much thanks....my trip isn't until June, but i'm definitely going to see it now that I got great advice here! Much appreciated thanks! :)

Edited: 25 November 2009, 05:47
Tn
Level Contributor
943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

Hope you like "big" babies...LOL!!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

"Big babies"?? Can you clarify for me what you mean?

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

A few of the things during the performance use sounds (such as the baby crying to get your attention), but I don't think you'll miss out on any of the show really. Sit a bit further back, since there are indeed things going on all around. We had seats in the second level and they were absolutely perfect (Seat: Level S, Section 204, Row CC, Seat 5-6) -- we could see everything going on and were close enough that things were happening all around us, but didn't feel so far back that we were isolated.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

cfr, a "baby" is a recurring part of the show. Some people like it others hate it. I found it a little irritating but it wouldn't stop me recommending Mystère to anybody. It's a great show and I think you'll enjoy it regardless.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mystere Info from those who have seen it

Thanks both for the "baby" clarification. Since I wouldn't hear it, I don't see it being a potential distraction for me.

The seat advice was exactly what I was thinking also--to sit further back to have a better view of everything. And I really like how you can just click and see the views from each section on the website before buying tix.

Again, much thanks for your help and advice.