We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Toronto
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

We are looking to visit Grand Canyon (and Hoover Dam on the way) for a day. Can anyone suggest at good bus tour group? (Comfy bus + reliable service, that they have used before)

Nothing fancy, we just want to get to Grand Canyon, take a few pictures and see the sights and get back. However, we really wanted to see the inside of the Dam.

We opted out driving, we don't really want to drive for 10 hours on a vacation. thanks in advance.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Kev, Grand Canyon bus tours go to Hoover Dam, but they only stop for pictures on the outside of the dam. One need to buy a separate Dam tour to go more into the thing. As for tour co.'s, Sweetours

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

I used Sweetours last Friday, and they were awesome. Paid 1/2 price for it too. Comfy bus, full 3 hours on GC South Rim, and awesome driver too. Highly recommend them and Grand Adventures. Have fun :)

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Although I have never used them, Grand Canyon Tours gets consistently good reviews. They use vans rather than large buses. This saves an hour each at the beginning and end of the trip. Depending on where you are staying you may have a slow trip up and down the Strip picking up and dropping off passengers. Whatever company you use, ask how much time you actually have at the Canyon. Some companies give as little as 90 minutes. Although you say you are only looking to get there to take a few picutures and return, it is one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth. It would be a shame to go all that way and not try to breath in all the beauty that it offers. Whatever you do, do not settle for a tour to the West Rim. It is a scenic place, but pales in comparison to the National Park at the South Rim.

As was already said, no GC tour will include an extensive visit to Hoover Dam, only a picture stop. That will require a second trip.

Toronto
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

chocopenguin, Sweetours looks good, but how did you get the discount thou?

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Kev, I booked the tour through www.vegastours.com, tour code MCS. It cost $79 w/ fuel surcharge included...it's only offered on certain days, though. I knew the co. was Sweetours just from the ad :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Hi This is something I would be interested in. Iv looked at the web site, and sweetours one as well. They dont look at all the same. Could they use different companys just to fill up places? Thanks

Edited: 01 December 2009, 18:34
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Most web sites for the tours are booking agencies, not ones who runs the tours like Sweetours. www.vegastours.com offers other bus tours too, but I knew what I wanted when I looked. $79 is gr8

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Hi BillyElliott

I've just checked the website for you and i'm pretty sure it is the Sweetours one too. I went on it in June (see my trip report) and also booked mine through vegastours' website selecting tour M17. This tour (M17) now says it is not currently available and gives you a link to the MCS tour that Chocopenguin mentioned. Reading through the description it sounds exactly like Sweetours (and choco is definitely the expert on bussing it to the canyon.)

You don't need to pay for the tour until the day so you can just book and make sure that the confirmation email comes back as Sweetours. If it doesn't just cancel as they haven't charged you anything!

Jersey, Channel...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Whatever you do do not use Alllasvegastours.com. We used them in Sept and it took three different buses on the way there and four!! on the way back. We were left waiting around on the first bus for over half an hour as the staff were not ready to process us!

Defo would not recommend them.

10. Re: Good Tour companies goin to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 12:03