We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

San Diego, CA
12 posts
Save Topic
Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

I can replace it with my own? or what would happen if I unscrewed their shower head? I hate the aerators vegas hotels use, makes showering five times longer and still feels like my skin is soapy.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

I've thought about it. I've also considered taking theirs off and removing the flow regulator if there is one. But I've never tried it.

In theory they would not know as long as there is no problem. Of course the maid might notice, don't know if they would report it.

If you decide to do this please let us know how it works out.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

We have been at a resort in Orlando for the last three weeks and will be heading out to Vegas tomorrow.

They have the same showerheads here, so the first day we went to Walmart.

Showerhead: $6

Wrench: $2 pliers

Teflon Tape: $1

Having a decent shower in the morning: Priceless

The showerhead will be travelling in checked baggage. I don't want to carry it on board and try to expain it to TSA.

San Diego, CA
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

LOL. It's funny but I actually want to do this. Has anyone successfully done it? Is there a shower head you can place over an existing one to make the job easier?

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

The GO rooms at the Flamingo have excellent showerheads, IMO. They also have spray jets further down to get your whole body.

Probably my favorite was at the Bourbon Tower Suites at Showboat Atlantic City -- four square ceiling tiles that sprayed straight down, like a downpour.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,897 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

For god sakes people you arent moving in. I thought people bringing coffee makers was bad enough now this?

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

Goodbeer - my thoughts exactly - is the showerhead for a few days that big of a deal? Unless you're staying for a month or longer - seems like a lot of work and running around to the store for new shower head, etc.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

There's some pretty bad shower heads around & they always seem to be in hotels, but I've never considered doing this. I don't think I'd want to explain water damage or worse off pay for it @ a hotel for something as silly as this. Then again I'm not that handy around the house plumbing wise.

If your skin still feels soapy it's from the soft water not the shower head.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

Thank you goodbeer. Sheesh. To think all the hotels in Las Vegas have the same type of showerhead is plain lame. You know what? Other people (many, many other people) have slept in the beds you'll be sleeping in. Think about that while you're performing plumbing work on your vacation. It's just that - a vacation; go with the "flow."

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

I've seen people bring their own pillows. Nothing surprises me.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,852 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't like showerheads they have at hotels, is there a way..

Bringing your own pillow is different than tampering with hardware! I always think of traveling as an adventure, you just deal with whatever. Builds character :)