We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

fogelsville, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Vegas this year! Just as the 1st time, I stayed in the Orleans. I love the place! There's always plenty of activity and excitement during the day, then it calms down a little at night.

Gambling

For you low rollers out there, they had a $3 blackjack and craps table everyday along with $1 roulette. They also have plenty of penny and 2 cent machines. In fact, I hit 3 different bonuses on the Slingo 2 cent for a total of close to $900! A word of caution about blackjack here. They don't look at their hole card when they have a 10 showing. It can be pretty disappointing if you draw a few cards to 21 only to find out the dealer has BJ.

Room

Checkin was quick and easy. The room was great as usual. Fairly large with a seperate sitting area. Nice, clean and quiet. You must show your room key to gain access to the elevators.

Food

I'm not much of a fine dining person, but I did eat one meal at The Prime Rib loft. Very, very good! Also tried Sazio's ( Italian). Food was great and the portions were huge! Other than that, I ate a Subway ( a bunch of times) and Terrible Mike's. Both were what I expected.

As far as the overall Vegas experience. It was same as the first time. I can't wait to go and by the 4th day, I'm ready to go home. My personel budget is $500 per day. I left the house with exactly $2000 and when I got home and threw what I had on the kitchen table, I had $2562 ( thanks in large part to a $1500 hit on a slot at Paris). I had a great time and I imagine in a few months, I'll get the itch to go back just as bad as ever.

Sieg

leon valley, tx
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

That JACKPOT will help pay your heating bill this winter.

Was surprised you liked the Italian place.

maybe there is a new owner. 1 time was enough for me, ugh!

fogelsville, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

One other thing that I forgot. I was talking to one of the Orleans shuttle drivers. He told me they were shutting down the current shuttle service effective today ( he was very unhappy about it). If this is true, I will no longer stay here. I will not rent a car for fear of a DUI and taxi fares back and forth a couple times a day would be too expensive. Anybody out there currently that can verify this?

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

It's still shown on thier website. So, I called the Orleans, Operator, Security and Bell Desk knew nothing about any changes to the schedule or cancelling of the service.

fogelsville, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

Thanks VM. I don't know why the guy would lie to me, but I'm glad it doesn't appear to be true.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

For what its worth, I just received an e mail from some Orleans Manager who responded to my complaint about the shuttle. He indicated they are working on improving it. (not eliminating it)

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

Jill: You complained about a "free" shuttle???

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

"I can't wait to go and by the 4th day, I'm ready to go home."

"I left the house with exactly $2000 and when I got home and threw what I had on the kitchen table, I had $2562"

I don't get it. You don't like Vegas even if you're winning. Why do you bother going?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

Oh, and thanks for the report,

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

Jungle: Had a car rental but hubby off with it for the day. Thought I would catch the shuttle. Waited in the sun for a long time with a lot of people milling around the area. When one finally showed up, it was a free for all getting on. The only people who got on happened to be the last to arrive but lucky enough to be at the spot where the bus stopped. My only point was that a simple "shuttle line starts here" sign would have helped. The Orleans, as you know, is off strip and heavily advertises its "free" shuttle. If it doesn't work and one has to use cabs or car rentals than the advertised price doesn't look as good.

fogelsville, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Orleans 10/24 - 10/27

Big

Where does it say I don't like Vegas??? Hell, I love the place. Its just that with the sleep deprivation, drinking and all the walking and stuff, a little goes a long way for me.