We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Madness

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Topic
March Madness

Can somebody explain to me what this is please?

Indy
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March Madness

March Madness refers to the men’s college basket ball tournament. It starts in March with 65 teams and the starting brackets are played in various locations with the final four teams meeting in Indianapolis this year for the national championship. The games are very fun to watch especially if you have some wagers on them. The first week is the best with many games back-to-back. Big deal for the vegas sports books.

More info:

ncaa.com/sports/…m-baskbl-div1-index.html

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: March Madness

Thanks!

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March Madness

It's the college basketball championship tournament. The games aren't played in Vegas, but we come to watch and bet.

There are (essentially) 64 teams, so six rounds spread over 3 weeks. The first weekend is the craziest. 16 games each on the first Thursday and Friday. The 8 games each on the first Saturday and Sunday. It's a ton of fun. This year the first weekend is March 18-21.

The second weekend isn't a crazy, but it's still a lot of fun and the games tend to be better (ignoring point spreads and other betting options that make even blowouts exciting - in Vegas).

Although the 3rd weekend includes the championship, it's not really a big deal in Vegas with only 3 games.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March Madness

It's fun to watch because there's so many games being played, at the same time. If you're watching it on TV and one game is a blowout, they'll switch it to a closer game. Games run from noon time to midnight. With so many games being played, some will be blowouts, but some will be guaranteed to be close and gritty.

I still remember the 1998 tourney on a Friday afternoon. 4 games showing. 3 of those games ended on a last second shot. All games ended within 10 minutes of each other. Oh, I didn't see it. I was studying for an exam but I sure as heck heard it from just about everyone else who had the good sense to watch the games! When girls standing in line before you at the bar on Friday night start talking about basket ball games, you wonder what the heck you just missed!

5. Re: March Madness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2010, 06:17