We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whens the best time to book accomodation

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
whens the best time to book accomodation

ok guys.. when is the best time to book for our accomodation? we arent arriving till august 2010 ... is it too early now? should i wait till it gets closer and maybe get a promo deal? reading all the info i am thinking Caesars palace.. Augustus room tower or something along those lines......

Whats everyones advice?

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

Book directly with the hotel when you find a rate you are comfortable with. Keep an eye on the rates and call hotel if they go down. Many on this forum call, cancel and rebook at the better rate. Have fun!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

i just booked augustus towers for june through the website, they have 20% off at the moment. and if you find something better then just ring up and change your booking or promo code.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

I agree with the others. If you book a package or use a third party booking agent (Expedia, Orbitz) it is much harder to make changes. Although in the current economy, even they have lightened up a bit with cancellations and changes.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

hi all thanks for your advice...

kersy 887 where do i find promo codes for caesars?

i would love to find some vip deal with caesars like MGM but havent seen one as yet...

Simone

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

just go to www.caesarspalace.com and put in your dates or follow the link where it says 20% off.

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

I booked Bill's Gamblin Hall and Saloon in early January for $89 per night (average) arriving February 27, 28, March 1 and leaving on the second. The total with taxes and fees (no resort fee at Bill's) is $269.14. We can cancel or change the booking up to 24 hours before we arrive. How did I do?

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

That's high for Bill's but it is NASCAR weekend so almost everyone's rates are up. You can normally get Bill's for $40 to $50 during the week but of course the weekend rates are over $100.

Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

I didn't know that! I just figured the rates would go back up after January and February if I didn't book after the 1st of the year. Here's what the rates are now for the same period:

Selected room rates Feb 27 - Mar 2

Sat Sun Mon

$180.75 $95.19 $65.07

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

Then you did get a bargain!

10. Re: whens the best time to book accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 06:18