We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

I just printed the passes for our 12:35pm flight to LAS tomorrow. So I put in the information about 5 minuites before, clicked and got the message too early. Then I had a "retrieve flight info" button that I could push. I waited impatiently and watched the time change at the bottom of my computer. At 12;34 I tried again, still too soon. Waited another 10 seconds and tried again, NOPE. The time now clicks 12:35 I click again---a long pause and reservation now shows so I can click print. Received A30-A34.

Now I can go get lunch, lol.

Be honest now! Don't you do the same thing?

Edited: 15 January 2010, 20:47
PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

No, because I never fly SW.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

Yes-and you're just showing off because that's a dang good position.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

Hmmmm. I fly Continental (if possible). They don't put me through all that. In fact- they call ME 24 hours in advance asking if I want to check-in over the phone(still have to print the boarding pass, of course) and asking if I want them to automatically check me in for my return flight . And I get to pick my own seat when I make my reseravation so I know exactly where I will be sitting. And- they feed me for free! Yay!!!!

I wouldn't want to go from Continental to SWA.

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

I do it too, ktinca, and this is in spite of the fact that I pre-board, and so, go ahead of all A boarders. I just feel like I have "sorta" earned my boarding position if I do the footwork. LOL

sheila

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

I'd rather do that than give them an extra ten bucks!

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

Yep_____I do that but only on longer flights.

On shorter ones like SFO or BUR to Vegas we couldn't care less if we are A , B or C as long as we are on the damn plane.

Have a good visit ktinca.

CT
Level Contributor
603 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

I can't see giving them $10 to do it.....I mean really it would cost an extra $40 round trip for myself and hubby.........I do enjoy flying southwest but I enjoyed the days of A,B,C no Business select and any of this other garbage they are coming up with....Keep it simple, safe and affordable.....That's what made them who they are to begin with..........

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

Never flown SWA. Doesn't sound like fun to me. I'm with VP and that other smart guy. I book with a regular airline, show up at the airport, relax at the bar, stroll onto the plane after the line goes down, sit in the seat I've already picked out and off we go.

Here and there
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

Somebodies gotta pay for those bags.

Anyone paying $10 for an early bird is just too timid to

ask people if the seat next to them is taken.

We Love Bags!!!!

CT
Level Contributor
603 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OK Let's Be Honest About Prinring SWA Boarding Passes

It's not as bad as people make it out to be........To be honest I always have a blast on my way out to Vegas from Hartford on Southwest. I do nonstop rarely have kids on the plane ( sorry people but kids are a major pain in the "you know what on planes" ) get a seat in the back or front ( I hate the wing) and off we go!