We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

which Michaels store is the best to get to (from paris), there are several in the area.. so I guess its a question of location & content when we get there (via taxi!)

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
693 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

I think the one a 1251 S Decatur Blvd would be the easiest to get to. Hop on 15 and get off at charleston, then tak Charleston to Decatur.

The one at 3355 E Russell Rd is probably a newer one but you will be taking streets the whole way.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

Cabs to the Decatur location and back to Paris will cost around $40. If it's a big deal for you to check out Michaels then I'd say it makes sense to rent a car for the day and perhaps also visit the store on E Russell. You could even visit the two other locations that are a little further afield in the valley as well!

I've no idea which location is best.

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

re "If it's a big deal for you to check out Michaels

its a very big deal for my wife! shes very into card making & scrapbooking

and Michaels is something shes been looking foward to for sometime!

England
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

I agree that going to Michaels is a big deal as well, I am going to Las Vegas in April and really looking forward to a trip to Michaels, never been before, so may need to take a spare suitcase - mind you my husband does not share my views on this one !

We are staying at the Bellagio which I think is over the road from the Paris so will check out the instructions on how to get there.

Thank you

england
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

I have been to Michaels on Russel a few times. It is a nice store, with lots inside to tempt you. The prices were not bad, but if you go it might be worth your while going over to the new walmart off Russel Road not far from their. They have one side of an isle full of scrapping and card making stuff. I normally spend loads more money in their than in Michaels.

england
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

I have been to Michaels on Russel a few times. It is a nice store, with lots inside to tempt you. The prices were not bad, but if you go it might be worth your while going over to the new walmart off Russel Road not far from their. They have one side of an isle full of scrapping and card making stuff. I normally spend loads more money in their than in Michaels.

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

re going over to the new walmart off Russel Road

is that the walmart on S Eastern Ave -south of E Russell Rd ??

(just behind McCarren?)

england
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

Yes, I am sure that is the one.

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

My wife is into scrapbooking, too. She and her mom have visited several dedicated scraping stores in LV. Michael's is a large crafts store with some scrapping stuff, while the dedicated scrapping shops will have more specialized low-volume and unique items. If you decide to get a car for the day, be sure to visit some of these, too. You can find them in the phonebook (if you think you'd like to go to them, you can email or pm me and I'll try to get more info from my wife).

Rob

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Michaels - The Arts & Crafts Store

Here is a link to some scrapbooking store locations in Las Vegas:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=scrapbooking+las+vegas&aq=f&aql=&aqi=g2&oq=

Keep in mind that you can ship from most hotels (Paris shares a business center with Bally's, located in the shopping arcade that connects the 2 properties). They have boxes and can do it all, and it's an option to lugging all those 'treasures' home and paying the extra baggage fees,