We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pool closure

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
pool closure

We are staying at Treasure Island starting thist weekend. The pool are/hot tubs are closed, shucks! Anyone know any hotel where I can take a dip in a hot tub without being a hotel guest?

Thanks!

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pool closure

So, if you found a place, you'd schlep over to it, the schlep back in a wet bathing suit??? I'm a little perplexed! There are no hotels that offer their hot tubs to non guests, other than the Flamingo after a certain time when their pools are open (they are not righ tnow)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pool closure

Check to see if TI has a whirlpool in their spa. It's $27 a day, but it's winter out there, I wouldn't want to be in an outdoor hot tub anyway...:)

treasureisland.com/amenities/spa_and_salon.a…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pool closure

" I wouldn't want to be in an outdoor hot tub anyway"

I always laugh when I hear people say this. I am a skiier and sit in outdoor hottubs (as does everyone else) at every resort Ive ever been. Nothing better than after a long day of skiing sitting in the hottub with a light snow falling around you and a drink in your hand. Then you go straight from the hottub in the cold air to the Suana and all is good.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pool closure

I was in Vegas the middle of December and the highs were in the mid 50s/low 60s- bright sunshine/no wind. I was sorry I hadn't brought my bathing suit. I definitely would have tried a hot tub. Sunbathe afterwards in a wet bathing suit? No! But using the hot tub- yes!

Sorry, I can't help Melli. They used to allow TI guests to use the Mirage pool if their pool was closed, but since they aren't part of the group anymore- that is out.

Edited: 21 January 2010, 01:26
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pool closure

"" I wouldn't want to be in an outdoor hot tub anyway"

I always laugh when I hear people say this. I am a skiier and sit in outdoor hottubs (as does everyone else) at every resort Ive ever been."

True, but the "everyone else" would be people who enjoy winter vacations at ski resorts. Won't catch me near one, which is why I said "I" wouldn't want to be in a hot tub outdoors in winter. Different strokes and all that.:)

Berlin, MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pool closure

Thanks for the input. Should I cancel TI for Bellagio that has open hot tubs?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: pool closure

props, UNLV. sitting in a hot tub even in snow is awesome.

i've sat in an outdoor hot tub when it was -40 outside. yeah, there was a "-" in front of that 40.

it's almost even more fun sometimes.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: pool closure

hey, UNLV, ever try the roll in the snow and back in game?

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pool closure

GoodBeer, how about taking a jacuzzi (hot tubs are redwood barrels) and then walking, oh say, from the Flamingo to TI? Just wondering. Although I do most enjoy our jacuzzi when there is fog or drizzle looking out over the ocean. No snow for me thanks.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pool closure

"Should I cancel TI for Bellagio that has open hot tubs?"

Bummer. Mellia, I'd choose Bellagio even if their hot tubs weren't open. I'm guessing Bellagio is substantially more $$$ - if not, I'd switch.

On second thought, if you're going this weekend, most hotels have at least a 48 hour cancellation policy; be careful.