We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

Hi,

I am going to Vegas Nov. 14-18, and was wondering if I need to make reservations for dinner for restaurants, or can I wait until I arrive.

We will be there during the week, not the weekend.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

You can wait. No rush.

Make reservations in the morning/afternoon for an evening dinner, that way you're not obligated beforehand if you want to change your mind.

Plenty of restaurants, anyway.

Unca Miek

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,604 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

You probably don't "need" to make reservations, but if you know where you want to have dinner, why not make them? That way you'll have a better choice of seating times and usually will get a better table than a "walk in" customer.

It's only the price of a phone call, and you can always (should always!) just call and cancel if your plans change.

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

I agree with Irish Fan if you know where you want to dine, make a reservation. At least call by the morning of. We saw people disappointed because they thought they could walk right at 8 pm and get seated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

Make some reservations in advance. I will be there when you are and went to check hotel rates last night to see if they had gone down........no rooms at the inn!! It is going to be a very busy week in Vegas so best to go ahead and book a couple if you know where you want to go and if there is a particular time you want to eat.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

We'll be there in that time frame too (11-13 - 11-19), and I was also checking the MGM site to see if there had been a drop in rates, they are sold out as well. We are making reservations a couple of dinners.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

Where do you plan on dining? Prime? Picasso? Del Monico's? I'd recommend getting your reservations in soonest. Coffee shops and buffets, no reservations required.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

As Vegasman states. I have dined at the bars of some nice restaurants without a reservation. Reservations are alawys a safe choice and can be cancelled. Have a great trip.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

Nice legs Gabby !!!

9. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2005, 22:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Reservations for M-Th, Nov. 14-18?

Stuff it, whiner!!

Thanks nsaneMXer! Wish you were going to be there next week when we are, would be fun to meet and share some TA war stories, LOL. ;)